Brakes on my Nov 2017 Yeti outdoor SE L DRIVE 2 ltr 150TDI SCR DSG

killy

4 minutes ago, FurryFriend said:

But a brake pedal going anywhere near the floor is absolutely not normal, and my advice would be to get this thoroughly investigated. 

I don't think this is true today.  If I press the pedal firmly and steadily (with the car stationary) it travels a long way, but when driving, it seems OK.

Guest FurryFriend

Your car. Your choice.  I certainly DO think something is not right. 

If and when you bounce off a wall due to a brake failure, and I hope you don't...... I doubt SEEMED OK will be very comforting

Just offering my advice. Which is.... Get someone professional to look at it.  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, FurryFriend said:

Your car. Your choice.  I certainly DO think something is not right. 

If and when you bounce off a wall due to a brake failure, and I hope you don't...... I doubt SEEMED OK will be very comforting

Just offering my advice. Which is.... Get someone professional to look at it.  :biggrin:

(Your car. Your choice) correct but the    7     other Yeti's I have owned all had exemplary brakes

( Get someone professional to look at it ) I have had 3 so called professional's look at it so far.

I have been told by the dealers that the brakes on the later Yeti's are supposed to be different - this seems a poor excuse and my reason for posting on here

is to get feedback from anyone with a similar car.

With a firm push on the pedal I have at least 3 inches of travel whilst stationary with the engine running !!!!

2 hours ago, kelper said:

I don't think this is true today.  If I press the pedal firmly and steadily (with the car stationary) it travels a long way, but when driving, it seems OK.

What do you call a long way Mine travels 3" initially and then probably another 1/2" if I keep my foot on the pedal !

I booked the car into the dealers for last Thursday and took it in on the Wednesday so that they could try it from cold.

when I arrived I asked to speak to their head technician to explain my problem after a 20 minute wait he marched past me in reception and jumped in the car to test it and when he came back he told me there was nothing wrong with the brakes .

I said that I would prefer that he tested it from cold the following day which he agreed to do.

The following day I got a phone call to say my car was ready and no fault could be found and that they had tested the brakes on the brake tester and had used the brake fluid tester and bled the brakes. but could not fault the brakes.

So I was surprised  to find a big improvement in the pedal and the braking. How could they improve it without knowing they had done so. ????

I just hope that the brakes do not deteriorate again.

"They bleed the brakes".     Reason being the Brakes needing bleed.   

Issue resolved, job done as needed.  'Simply Clever', pity they at Dealerships make a song and dance about it. 

They need to make a report to Skoda UK and Skoda CZ,  because there seems to be an issue with some almost new cars from the factory.

Then the  Factory can start to investigate and issue a TPI if required.

They should not say, 'The brakes are as should be',  'They all do that', or 'Never heard of that before'. 

Your brakes are not right whether run in or not. I've had many new cars and never had any symptoms like that.

Drop off at the dealers in the afternoon/evening and they can test in the morning.

Edit: Ignore I missed the 2nd page!

Edited by VAGCF
  • Thanks 1