Octavia Rear Parking Sensor fault. Any ideas?

Hello all. Wondering if anyone has come across this issue. Yesterday when I put car into reverse instead of hearing the usual beep and image on screen for reversing proximity sensors I got a loud 3 second high pitch noise with nothing coming up on screen and seemed like sensors weren't working. Since then the system does this regularly even when it seems like sensors are working after a second the high pitch noise reappears and the proximity sensors on screen disappears. I did run diagnosis on carista and got a parking/steering assist fault with code 1079345, however when I searched on internet for this code nothing was returned. 

I've read few similar posts on this but didn't really get a definitive solution, anyone any ideas or is a trip to dealers needed :(

Its a 2014 Octavia VRS DSG TDI

Thanks

Put the car in reverse etc so the sensors turn on, then go around the car and feel each sensor. You should hear and feel a clicking from each one. If ones not clicking then its dead or has a bad connection. 

Try scanning the car with DTC Fault Memory erase for VAG. I used this free app to diagnose a faulty sensor and parking sensor speaker where other apps gave generic codes. 

1 hour ago, un1eash said:

Put the car in reverse etc so the sensors turn on, then go around the car and feel each sensor. You should hear and feel a clicking from each one. If ones not clicking then its dead or has a bad connection. 

Try scanning the car with DTC Fault Memory erase for VAG. I used this free app to diagnose a faulty sensor and parking sensor speaker where other apps gave generic codes. 

Ok thanks have downloaded that app will try it tomorrow 

Also check that in reverse your reversing lights are activated.

In normal conitions, you will get a loud beep from the parking system if e.g. you put the car into 1st/drive but the car rolls backwards.

Perhaps the system isnt detecting the reverse gear switch & the system was warning you of backward movement?

7 hours ago, Gabbo said:

Also check that in reverse your reversing lights are activated.

In normal conitions, you will get a loud beep from the parking system if e.g. you put the car into 1st/drive but the car rolls backwards.

Perhaps the system isnt detecting the reverse gear switch & the system was warning you of backward movement?

Yes reverse lights are working fine its a louder and longer pitch sound than you get when the reverse gear is selected. I tried listening for the clicks on each sensor but found it hard with background noise.