VRS Eibach Pro Kit - same springs for diesel + petrol - difference in ride quality?

I have a mk3 diesel VRS hatchback and am looking at changing the springs - for a better quality ride. 

EIB-E10-79-010-02-22 product code

Eibach Pro Kit is listed for both diesel and petrol vrs  - however Skoda springs on the diesel are rated for the extra weight. 

My my question is - would Eibach springs due to the extra weight give a more comfortable ride on a diesel?

Any advice or opinions appreciated 

ryan. 

Edited by Rybu79
Title change

springs only really affect the low speed ride quality - everything else is the shocks. 

I'd personally be looking to do those first. I'd also expect the Eibachs to be a touch harsher than the standard springs. 

- Bret

again, I don't think you'll get the feel you're looking for without swapping out shocks. For me, after my experiences with the A2, I'd be dropping B6 or B8s in and probably leave the standard springs, especially on a VRS. I'd also go Powerflex for anything I could and probably swap out the wheels for something nice and light, even if that meant downsizing. But my car's the long-distance cruiser, so the A2 has that treatment and the Octy won't get it.

I'd also strongly suggest testing a car that has a setup similar to what you're looking for - especially with the correct size rims! - because ride comfort is such a subjective experience. 

- Bret

• Thanks 1

I have just the Pro kit on my diesel VRS, still with the standard shocks.

it is hard to describe the change in the car. On the original springs the car always felt a little unsure of itself on British Roads, but after the change, the car just feels a lot happier on the road. Feels like the wheels spend more time in contact with the road surface.

Depending on where you are you can have a ride in mine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WayTooTall said:

Vggfgh

it is hard to describe the change in the car. On the original springs the car always felt a little unsure of itself on British Roads, but after the change, the car just feels a lot happier on the road. Feels like the wheels spend more time in contact with the road surface.

Depending on where you are you can have a ride in min

Edited by Rybu79
Pm sent