Feels like rear is sliding sideways

Hi

2012 TDi vRS - 74K miles

At the beginning of the week I had a near side rear wheel bearing replaced. I also had 2 new rear tyres fitted - Uniroyal RS3 - same as was on before. Same as front tyres. I've run RS2 & RS3 for about 5 years on the car. The tyres were replaced as the inner edges were 'distorted' and out of shape. It's the only way I can describe it. Before this work was done car handled fine.

Since then whenever I go around a right hand bend at 50mph ish I get half way around the corner and it feels like the back of the car is going to oversteer.

Left hand bends seem fine.

I have the car booked in for a 4 wheel alignment this evening.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this or any ideas what it could be.

Mark

Edited by Chester

I think you've answered your own question.

The clue is in the tyre wear and the 4 wheel alignment check is the correct action, let us know what like after the procedure.

Yesssss. As above. Alignment check. Shock / springs for faults. Tyres mounted correctly. All suspension bushes arms etc secure. I run RS3s, no problems but you'd know that having run them before. Rear camber on rears kills tyre wear, you can try to back it off a bit from factrory esp when car ages and sits lower at rear anyway....

I had similar (deciding it wanted to go sideways at 50mph.) turned out the rear toe was off on one side.
After a few "mods" the car was oversteery at low speed/high angle turns, turned out rear camber was 3 degrees! Must be like skidding round on tea trays with the contact patch it had :biggrin:

Pleased to report after getting the alignment done on Friday the car is handling as it should.

Thanks for all of the other suggestions - tyres are on the correct way round, car was MOT's 3 weeks ago so I assume any issues with bushes etc would have been spotted.

Seems like £65 well spent.