Is this the reality with new Škodas?

Skidpan, I did not mean to insult, I can empathise with your view, but I keep an open mind. I have had excellent experiences with my VW, Seat and Skoda cars. But I have also had extremely frustrating times too (camchains being just one instance of several).

We are all entitled to our views but you have been suggesting that some of us are complaining because of our abuse or inabilty to look after our cars. Please accept that some if not all of the complaints posted are fundamentally genuine.

I'm sorry you took such exteme offense at my use of words.

As I said, I freely admit I used to be a fanboi in the past, but nowadays I am non commital, after all these are only cars and will all breakdown and be scrapped eventually.

Please accept my apologies.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seems that I am the unluckiest Superb owner on the planet - last week on Tuesday the car displayed "Coolant low" message and when I opened the hood the coolant tank was almost empty. Filled it up to the right level (took 0,4L) and continued to drive, after two days the same message popped up and again, the fluid was almost gone - took another 0,4L. Took it to the dealership on Friday and left the car there (got a courtesy 1.4TSI Superb). Yesterday they informed me that the water pump seal was broken and it was leaking. They changed both the pump and the cam belt since it was soaked in coolant. Everything under warranty and again the car is letting down but dealership managed to solve it in two days so excellent service by them. 

This is not all, the sunglasses tray fell down from the ceiling the other day - the shaft? that is holding it on place on the right side has broken away. There has not been any mishandling what so ever. Unfortunately, I was unable to prove that and had to replace the whole frame together with the sunglasses tray myself (the cost was 46€). 

20180403_171703.jpg

Edited by Puuriit
  • Sad 1

On 2/23/2018 at 11:27, Puuriit said:

After all this I am still considering a new Škoda for my next car, I dont know what is wrong with me...

We have several Land Rover/Range Rover owners in the office, they are regularly comparing stories about what has gone wrong with their cars (frequently major issues that stop them using the car).  They still go back for another!

Another colleague is looking for a year old Mondeo Vignale because "he can get cheap parts when it goes wrong."  Those were his words having just been charged almost £300 for an alternator pulley (just the pulley) for his Focus. 

At least with a Skoda there is a good chance it will work properly all the time, there are not many horror stories on here.

Different World Regions, different brands, same components / engines but no doubt VW Group will say different climates / environment / built in a different plant / different software, then come time the Service Campaign or Recall actions will reach Skoda.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/448894-audi-coolant-pump-recall 

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

Edited by Offski