YETI GONE

valep

After 7 years with " Yeti's I have changed  my car for a Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Tenka+.  The Yeti as gone to a good home my Daughter's had it.  I needed to get a car about the same size so I could get in the garage the replacement yeti was to big to get it past the house to get it in the garage, I need a shoe horn to get the Qashqai in the garage I will still be looking in on the forum

carmakers always forget practical aspects like fittng into garages when they introduce bigger replacements for popular cars. Not everyone wants bigger vehicles. Potentially lost customers will go elsewhere.

I looked at the karoq but it's too big for me as a replacement for the yeti.

I think I'll wait for the smaller suv mooted in the motoring press.

25 minutes ago, Robjon said:

I will have the same dilemma when the time comes to replace my Yeti.  My Yeti shoehorns between the doorposts of my garage; a Karoq does not.

So long @valep - and enjoy your Qashqai :hi:

Me too..... Yeti just fits down the side of the house though I’m always worried about catching mirrors on fence or house as I reverse out.

Currently looking at Seat Arona as replacement when PCP deal finishes in Sept.  Fear the Skoda ‘version’ will not arrive in time.

I agree with Brijo that there will never be a replacement for the Yeti but unfortunately the Karoq has killed the Yeti value.  For the last few months, Skoda have done good deals with well loaded Yeti's so trade in prices now are on the floor. We traded an Octavia for our Karoq, so that wasn't too bad, although I still had to part with a pot of cash. My Yeti is 30 months old but it's done 40k miles so I looked to trade it for a nearly new SE l 2.0 TDI Outdoor 4x4 Basically the same as I have now. Cost me nearly £29k when I bought it and it's now worth about £11k in superb condition. That works out at 45p a mile just on depreciation, or about £600 a month which is pretty scary

Not happy

3 hours ago, aernala said:

carmakers always forget practical aspects like fittng into garages when they introduce bigger replacements for popular cars. Not everyone wants bigger vehicles.

Manufacturers don't just make them bigger for the sake of it. They do it because giving customers a bit more legroom or boot space is what they ask for and buy.

This is backed up by market research and sales figures. Fortunately for those that want a smaller option, they also keep slotting in smaller models at the bottom of the range. 

The Karoq might be a bit bigger than a Yeti but we're going to get a smaller SUV as well.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

Thinking of a 2+2 type of vehicle, is the T-Roc small enough to squeeze in down a driveway?.

(there’s even a cabrio version coming)

So there is....

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/t-roc/102746/vw-t-roc-convertible-confirmed-for-production

Unfortunately I doubt there will be a Skoda equivalent.

1 minute ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

So there is....

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/t-roc/102746/vw-t-roc-convertible-confirmed-for-production

Unfortunately I doubt there will be a Skoda equivalent.

Is the Skoda badge that important or is it about a VW being too expensive ?.

1 minute ago, Ryeman said:

Is the Skoda badge that important or is it about a VW being too expensive ?.

A little of both. Everything else being equal I have a preference for Skoda over VW, but things aren't equal and a Skoda has the potential to be a more cost effective option. 

8 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

A little of both. Everything else being equal I have a preference for Skoda over VW, but things aren't equal and a Skoda has the potential to be a more cost effective option. 

The benefit of not having the latest I guess........the superceded being proven tech .

Having avidly followed all the various threads detailing the pros and cons of the various replacements for the Yeti - with mine now coming up to 5 years old - becoming more and more confused and estimating mine would perhaps make around £8000 in trade in against £25,000 for a replacement to the same spec ..... I've decided to hold onto it. After all it was generally reckoned to be an excellent car when it first came out, was still collecting awards for a few years after that and by the time I bought mine (2013) Skoda seemed to have ironed out any serious problems. Mine has been pretty much faultless for through five years of benign neglect (I'll forgive squeaky tailgate strut), is giving me a reliable 40+ mpg on what are usually short runs, is cheap to service, the dashboard doesn't squeak and I've stumbled on a local garage with proper mechanics who said "We like these, they're easy to work on". Which bodes well. I hope those who want to or have to move on are as happy with their new vehicles as I've been with the Yeti but for me it's going to be "Long live the Yeti!!" (The only cars I've held onto this long have been the Renault 16 and the Peugeot 405, but that just gives away my age - reputably about average for a Yeti owner).

• Like 2

Guest FurryFriend

Hope you got the optional extra 'indicators' on your Squashed Cat. 

We live very close to the Sunderland Nissan factory, and local drivers of them here seem to get them with invisible indicators. Wish you luck with it, but you have now become a jelly mould driver. 

20 hours ago, aernala said:

carmakers always forget practical aspects like fittng into garages when they introduce bigger replacements for popular cars. Not everyone wants bigger vehicles. Potentially lost customers will go elsewhere.

Have a look at the Seat Arona, I'm sorely tempted.

Fred

20 hours ago, aernala said:

I don't know if Skoda will introduce a version of Seat Arona, but its only 1780mm wide (1942mm over mirrors)  Yeti is 1793mm

Marginally shorter than Yeti at 4138mm (Yeti 4222mm)

Quite like the look of Arona SE technology 1.0 DSG, but can't have the dual zone climate (my wife likes to be cooler)

Get dual zone on FR (but wife has problem hip, so don't want sports seats), and leather bolsters make it easier to slide in (not available)

Wont ever touch anything that has Kessy Go (as heard too many bad stories) so Xcellence spec is out

Virtually no options on an Arona

Waiting to see specs of new Fabia,   (wish they did higher version, better for that hip problem again)

T-roc seems to be very expensive

So looks like I will go elsewhere when PCH on Yeti expires in September, but don't know where yet

32 minutes ago, g6zru said:

Have a look at the Seat Arona, I'm sorely tempted.

I'm sure the Seat Arona is a nice enough car but somehow, it just doesn't appeal.

Now if Seat's designers had extended its roof and waistlines horizontally, and given it a vertical tailgate... :D

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

I don't know if Skoda will introduce a version of Seat Arona, but its only 1780mm wide (1942mm over mirrors)  Yeti is 1793mm

Marginally shorter than Yeti at 4138mm (Yeti 4222mm)

Quite like the look of Arona SE technology 1.0 DSG, but can't have the dual zone climate (my wife likes to be cooler)

Get dual zone on FR (but wife has problem hip, so don't want sports seats), and leather bolsters make it easier to slide in (not available)

Wont ever touch anything that has Kessy Go (as heard too many bad stories) so Xcellence spec is out

Virtually no options on an Arona

Waiting to see specs of new Fabia,   (wish they did higher version, better for that hip problem again)

T-roc seems to be very expensive

So looks like I will go elsewhere when PCH on Yeti expires in September, but don't know where yet

Hoping that Skoda do bring their version of the arona to the market. 

Arona is the best size, along with the likes of Kia and Hyundai models . Prefer the same size in a Skoda 

Skoda Arona sized vehicle is planned for late 2019, should be more advanced derivative. My problem with Seat's is that they are too dark inside - funereal. My current SEL Drive has light roof lining and light leather seating, nice light and bright interior.

12 hours ago, Expatman said:

Skoda Arona sized vehicle is planned for late 2019, should be more advanced derivative. My problem with Seat's is that they are too dark inside - funereal. My current SEL Drive has light roof lining and light leather seating, nice light and bright interior.

That wont be much use to me, current deal expires this Autumn, not 20 months time.

So basically the Yeti replacement (under 4.3m as per Yeti) is roughly 30-33 months after Yeti order books closed.  Did they not consider people having to go to another make during this time

12 hours ago, Expatman said:

I think you have to be old to not appreciate funereal interiors.

I don’t either.

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

That wont be much use to me, current deal expires this Autumn, not 20 months time.

So basically the Yeti replacement (under 4.3m as per Yeti) is roughly 30-33 months after Yeti order books closed.  Did they not consider people having to go to another make during this time

Obviously Not. Commercially they made the decision to make a Quashquai alternative rather than replace the Yeti. All about sales volumes.

51 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

Yeah, move over pops!:biggrin:

Okay, just let me hobble to the side of life and take what the car makers think I should have. But, hang on a minute, it's people of my generation who have the disposable income to choose the car they drive! Not the hard pressed millennial snowflakes.

• Like 2