Brake Disc and Pads recommendations for 14 Vrs

Today  I had the car lowered and dogbone mount fitted, also had the MTEC coated discs and EBC pads fitted too (i was too lazy to do it myself, please excuse the dirty wheels as i just got back from work) I'm still on the Geminis and will change them next week to the Xtremes with a proper hunter four wheel alignment.

after 50 miles of bedding in the brakes feel much much sharper already. The guy who carried out the work is an ex AUDI tech with near 20 years exp, he was very impressed with the quality of the discs and even more impressed by the price. front and rear images below.

Mtec_groovedFront.jpgMtec_grooved.jpg

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 2

Totally agree on the improvement new discs make over my old ones. And love those vrs wheel centers i may have to get some for mine.

• Like 1

Ordered the ATE discs last night due to a EuroCarParts 50% off flash code. So front and rear discs came to around £170 after code and topcashback discount.

Next week will order the pads and get the work done, and let you know what I think.

15 hours ago, maul said:

Totally agree on the improvement new discs make over my old ones. And love those vrs wheel centers i may have to get some for mine.

Have to agree with those centres, though I would as I have the same ones.

I got them when the Skoda ones developed white worm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WayTooTall said:

Have to agree with those centres, though I would as I have the same ones.

I got them when the Skoda ones developed white worm. 

Hmm white worm. I think that's a good description of what I've got going on.

I could have got skoda replacements under warranty. But at the time they were only 2.5 years old and looked a mess.

Hence went and bought the superskoda caps instead. Holding up nicely 2 years on

• Like 1

For some strange reason SuperSkoda don't seem to sell them Black vRS honeycomb centre caps, only the chrome vRS honeycomb centre caps which don't look as pleasing on the eye! I have the same caps as you guys the black vRS, I was looking to get another set in for spares when SS had the 20% sale on but could not find them anymore the website!

4 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

For some strange reason SuperSkoda don't seem to sell them Black vRS honeycomb centre caps, only the chrome vRS honeycomb centre caps which don't look as pleasing on the eye! I have the same caps as you guys the black vRS, I was looking to get another set in for spares when SS had the 20% sale on but could not find them anymore the website!

i have the 230 black Xtremes to fit next pay day, ill be spraying those centre caps in black magic and post the results.

• Like 1

Ebay black vrs centers 8 quid got a set on order now. Super Skoda were considerably more expensive. I'll let you know how they look. coming next week 

SS do sell the Monty Carlo centre caps as per this pic

whlcaps-f9r3.jpg

But they don't sell these ones anymore in black (pic below)

whlcapnl-chr.jpg

I wanted another set of these but in the Honeycomb black version not the chrome version!

56 minutes ago, maul said:

Ebay black vrs centers 8 quid got a set on order now. Super Skoda were considerably more expensive. I'll let you know how they look. coming next week 

Be careful with some eBay centre caps as they don't fit no where as good as ones from SS especially if you got the Honeycomb ones that are from China!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-3D-HONEYCOMB-RS-emblem-BLACK-CHROME

really

That's a badge emblem not centre caps for alloy wheels :D :rofl: 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-3D-HONEYCOMB-RS-emblem-BLACK-CHROME

really

ya really! we were talking about center caps, it would be nice to have a complete black vrs centre cap just the lettering in colour

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Haha 1

Not got the honeycomb effect but should be fine for my purposes

I'm hoping the chrome edge will match up ok with the wheel diamond cut effect

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-SKODA-Centre-Caps-VRS-Logo-Wheel-60mm-Hub-Badge-Emblem-FABIA-OCTAVIA-YETI/182977085774?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649