Anybody Ordered Energy Blue?

Have any of you recently taken possession of, or ordered a Superb III in Energy Blue?

I've got one coming in a couple of weeks and i'm feeling a little nervous. The colour on the Karoq in real life looks a lot brighter than on the Superb configurator :D

3 minutes ago, xman said:

Interested in pics as I'm determined not to pay extra for some paint on future orders.

I'll upload some when I get my hands on it.

I never pay extra for paint on lease cars. My lease provider used to give metallics free of charge, but not any more.

I think it looks horrible IRL. There is a Fabia driving around in that color in my area. Even though it´s relatively new, the paint looks really dull and worn already.

I ordered Energy Blue because it didn’t look too different from Pacific Blue on the configurator.

in reality it’s a hell of a lot brighter :wondering:

EC2D5149-4795-4835-8274-B57E565934AF.jpeg

D7C37372-7000-4B52-8A33-A83B638FDE97.jpeg

Went through a similar dilemma - as I felt Pacific Blue was perfectly OK. Energy Blue, however, just looks awful on a large car like the Superb. I don't think they bothered to update the online configurator when they phased out Pacific in favour of Energy.

Toyed with the idea of getting it in white for £200, but ended up paying for Petrol Blue. Still kind of grates.

1 hour ago, kirku said:

Went through a similar dilemma - as I felt Pacific Blue was perfectly OK. Energy Blue, however, just looks awful on a large car like the Superb. I don't think they bothered to update the online configurator when they phased out Pacific in favour of Energy.

Toyed with the idea of getting it in white for £200, but ended up paying for Petrol Blue. Still kind of grates.

I’m just glad it’s a 2 year lease car and I don’t have to worry about resale.

its replacing a Magnetic Brown Estate. So the S**twagon will be superceded by the Smurfwagon 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, AngloDeutsch said:

I’m just glad it’s a 2 year lease car and I don’t have to worry about resale.

its replacing a Magnetic Brown Estate. So the S**twagon will be superceded by the Smurfwagon 

Haha - spot on.

Mine's a company car for 3 years. If I didn't already have a white one, I'd probably have gone for it - it looks like a s**twagon with the miles I do and frequency of cleaning I give it..

I would change the color to a metallic one, if possible. I don´t think it suits a large car like the Superb.

I saw a pacific blue superb in a car park the other day. Could have been a mk ii. Must say it looked quite nice. If it were a pearlescent colour it would be very nice indeed.

Energy blue, too bright, not my cup of tea.

Well hopefully i'll have my Smurf Blue Superb at the end of next week. 

It'll grow on me. I only have it for 2 years then give it back so i'm not too fussed. VWFS have to worry about resale, not me :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AngloDeutsch said:

Well hopefully i'll have my Smurf Blue Superb at the end of next week. 

It'll grow on me. I only have it for 2 years then give it back so i'm not too fussed. VWFS have to worry about resale, not me :D

Could you stick a photo on here? Colleague in similar boat to me

• 2 weeks later...

I think i've seen an Energy Blue Superb in the wild. It was on passing.

It didn't look amazing, but it didn't look too bad either.

I'm picking mine up at 5pm tomorrow. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RickTT said:

This is a nice blue.. Not sure on colour code.

FB_IMG_1521445812585.jpg

FB_IMG_1521445809651.jpg

If that's energy blue, it's a lot nicer than the promo images I'd seen. I'd be happy with that (should've saved 600 odd quid of option money now!)

13 hours ago, kirku said:

If that's energy blue, it's a lot nicer than the promo images I'd seen. I'd be happy with that (should've saved 600 odd quid of option money now!)

That's definitely not Energy Blue Kirku. So you've probably done the right thing by spending £600+ :D

I'm collecting my Energy Blue at 5pm today. I'll post photos at the first opportunity 

Edited by AngloDeutsch
  • Like 1

I like the race blue and was disappointed by the dull range of colours on the superb. I'm beginning to think 50 shades of grey is the Skoda pain options. 

So an Energy Blue Sportline Hybrid might be the ideal replacement for my  Race Blue VRS Octavia 

1 hour ago, carrock said:

I like the race blue and was disappointed by the dull range of colours on the superb. I'm beginning to think 50 shades of grey is the Skoda pain options. 

So an Energy Blue Sportline Hybrid might be the ideal replacement for my  Race Blue VRS Octavia 

The missus has a Sportline. It'll need replacing in December this year

She doubts she'll have another because of it only being available in bland or bogey colours