”Inspection”

-warning is displayed. Anyone knows what THAT means? Service was performed 10k kms ago.

Ive absolutely no desire to pay a couple of hundred €’s to be informed that the brake pads are OK.

Edited by pfaff

12 hours ago, pfaff said:

-warning is displayed. Anyone knows what THAT means? Service was performed 10k kms ago.

Ive absolutely no desire to pay a couple of hundred €’s to be informed that the brake pads are OK.

Does it not give any more info (for a few seconds on start up) such as counting days to when due

These normally are distance or one year (whichever is first), some things need changing at time intervals (eg pollen filter or brake fluid which is hydroscopic (absorbs moisture)

Most have 2 warnings, oil and service, and the frequency depends on quantity of journeys (lots of short journeys from cold will reduce distance interval)

I seem to remember that on my 2011 Audi S4 which was left on variable servicing, you could/would end up handing the car in to the dealer maybe 3 times in 2 years if you were stupid enough to understand/believe that some tasks could were only required "now and again" - for me that implied that the owner does not really need their car and the dealer needs it an extra time now and again so that they can charge even more money, maybe some of the money that they feel they have lost by the car being on variable servicing. For me that was not going to happen, also the maybe good/kind/thoughtful habit that VW Group dealers have when selling a car via their "Approved" structure means that you ended up buying a car that has just had an oil and filter change - but is asking for another 6 months later.  Maybe I was lucky while that S4 was under warranty, but my servicing time clock started at the last oil change which was the never recorded in the service book as it was a pre-sale oil change and not a service!

Hopefully my wife's August 2015 Polo that has pre-paid servicing (annually as mileage is approx. 7.5K miles a year) while under warranty, does not have that problem, ie Inspection requests at curious intervals out of step with normal service needs!

No more info on display and nothing found at neither manual nor service plan.

I do suspect rum4mo hit the nail. Could of course ask at the shop. Or just wait for next regular service.

Does the word Inspection come then go off when you drive away if that happens its probably advisory. My car will be 3 yrs old in April and has to go for an Ministry of Transport test or Inspection and a service is due in about 6 weeks as well so I am expecting a spanner sign and possibly an Inspection sign popping up. I am sure under car on the radio display it tells you how many days to the next service if your car was serviced recently it should be showing how many days to the next service possibly numbers have not been reset. Joe

19 hours ago, JoePeddos said:

Does the word Inspection come then go off when you drive away if that happens its probably advisory. My car will be 3 yrs old in April and has to go for an Ministry of Transport test or Inspection and a service is due in about 6 weeks as well so I am expecting a spanner sign and possibly an Inspection sign popping up. I am sure under car on the radio display it tells you how many days to the next service if your car was serviced recently it should be showing how many days to the next service possibly numbers have not been reset. Joe

Probably advisory, I’m curious to know, though. There’s no number of days shown. Service is on a variable scheme and should certainly not come up after 10000 Kms. as this car only runs longer distances and no urban short ones. That’s what I got the Seat for.

And it’s time for first equivalent to MoT here as well, three years after purchase. Don’t expect any remarks.

My little Seat Mii has started advising "Inspection" though it will not be 12 months until May since it was last serviced.

I'm suspecting they didn't set the service interval correctly at last service so am just ignoring it for a couple of months yet.

Harry.

On long life servicing the car decides when the engine needs a service.

But there are some things that want inspecting/changing after a time period.

For instance a brake fluid change is recommended at three year.

Cambelt is another time ( or mileage ) check that is not part of a service.

Thanks AG Falco

As simple as it decides when  an 'Oil Change is required, and that will be with a new oil filter'.

The word Service is the confusion, servicing a petrol engine will include Spark Plugs & Air Filter at some interval, 

& even the For Life Fuel Filter.

Other Manufacturers make things clear VW Group / Skoda just make simple Servicing sound like you get lots done, 

but little does, and the set schedules are often ignored by Technicians, yet the 'Service' costs are the same.  A rip off. Made to sound like a good deal.

http://skoda.co.uk/finance-and-offers/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed 

Edited by AwaoffSki

My 3rd year service is due the 24th April and its mot but I will get my old independent garage to do the mot and a safety check before taking it to Skoda for its final service under warranty afte that its back to my old independent garage for future servicing they were very good looking after my old Skoda Joe