Obdeleven Lane change blinkers, FL 1.5

Anyone been able to change the number of "blinks" on the comfort indicators on a Mk3 FL 1.5 tsi ?

Using obdeleven but only seem to be able to set 0-3. I was wanting to set 5.

All the other changes i made seem fine.

No idea about the facelift, but if I recall correctly, when I coded 5 for a friend's Leon we had to reset the vehicle settings in the infotainment menu before it would take effect. Have you tried this?

• Like 1

Five blinks may be too many, if you change your mind in traffic. I know the embarrassment,  from experience, after trying to cancel before my three courtesy blinks expired.

Edited by gregoir
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, fergiet said:

Anyone been able to change the number of "blinks" on the comfort indicators on a Mk3 FL 1.5 tsi ?

Using obdeleven but only seem to be able to set 0-3. I was wanting to set 5.

All the other changes i made seem fine.

It gave me a 0-3 in that box as well but I put 5 in and it accepted it. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Will give the reset a go and see if that works. Five might be a bit much but will see.

Managed to get the "Scandi lights" working. Just don't understand why it's not standard on all cars these days just as front drls are.

I asked my dealer for front and rear light to be activated as DRL. They denied it can be done, on two occasions. I had it done on my Mk2.

Presume Scandi lights are front DRL and just some rear tail lights ?

1 hour ago, gregoir said:

I asked my dealer for front and rear light to be activated as DRL. They denied it can be done, on two occasions. I had it done on my Mk2.

Yes, front drl and rear side lights on all the time.

2 hours ago, gregoir said:

My understanding is that the equipment dealers use isn’t VCDS and doesn’t always have the same functions VCDS has. Plus, most dealers are not interested in modifying vehicle settings that are out with what’s available from Škoda UK. If something goes wrong there will be no support for the dealer. 

3 hours ago, BlueclouduK said:

Just remember to reset lighting options in the infotainment system for it to initialise.

This is the key step, I changed the value with VCDS and nothing happened until I did this extra step - remember if you have changed any lighting settings in the infotainment they will go back to defaults so write them down first!

19 minutes ago, BOOSSHH said:

I’m new here just about to get my vrs in two weeks, what is OBDeleven ? 

A Bluetooth dongle that plus in to your cars diagnostic port and a corresponding android app that go beyond basic fault code reading and clearing by offering VW group specific settings and configuration adjustments like enabling features or adjusting settings that would usually be done by a dealer. Check out the VCDS (an alternative dongle/app) thread for examples. 

• Thanks 1

I was contacted to make a review by Obdeleven team. Will make some videos. Can you guys share a link with some coding pls? OFC I will post a video on briskoda.

Edited by Croat

3 hours ago, Croat said:

I was contacted to make a review by Obdeleven team. Will make some videos. Can you guys share a link with some coding pls? OFC I will post a video on briskoda.

Anything in the VCDS tweaks thread should work. If follows the same process almost exactly and the adaptations/coding are the same :)