Delayed

TheRoq

After being told my car had been built and is on its way to Germany, I now find out my car is stuck at the factory.

There is a problem with the back seats and quite a few cars are affected and delayed.

The dealer didnt know what the problem was or how long the delay would be.

Anyone else heard anything?

Interested to know if you ordered a car with VarioFlex seating?

That might explain why some cars are being held and others being built perhaps

But doesn't really explain why they allowed 100 cars to go 7/8ths of the way down the line

This problem is already being discussed on the "Delivery Times" topic, page 5 

Mike

Its an edition model so leather varioflex.

I saw the delays mentioned in the other topic but nothing specific about the problem.

Just wondered what kind of delay we're looking at.

Dealer will give me another update when he knows, hopefully on Monday.

Just had confirmation from my dealer that my BW8 Edition is delayed along with some other orders.  They have only just got this information from the source.  They also mentioned lack of Varioflex seat parts as a likely reason.   I don't have an ETA when the issue will be resolved.  Bit annoyed but I guess I now have a while longer to save money up!

• 4 months later...

We ordered our Karoq in March and it has only just arrived at the dealers. You should be all right with Edition Model as that has leather upholstery. The delay (worldwide) is with supply of Alcantara upholstery, as on our SE-L spec.

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:37, KaRocky said:

We ordered our Karoq in March and it has only just arrived at the dealers. You should be all right with Edition Model as that has leather upholstery. The delay (worldwide) is with supply of Alcantara upholstery, as on our SE-L spec.

Lots os positive comments on how classy the Alcantara interiors are in both our Karoq and Octavia. Very practical in this hot weather but also nice in the winter, barely had to use our heated seats.B)

Worth the wait then.  The wife's not keen on leather, having had that before, as can feel cold, and tricky to clean if blue denim jeans worn (especially on beige leather like we had on our Superb).