Anyone know where this fits?

The part in the attached images had the code 6Y0 853 666 G and is off a 2006 Fabia. When I took the bumper off this part fell out and I can't for the life of me work out where it fits back to. :blink:

If anyone has any information that would be much appreciated!

Thanks

IMG_20180308_080617_01_01.jpg

IMG_20180308_080623_01_01.jpg

5 hours ago, Xylynx said:

That's what I thought from looking at some drawings online but they aren't very clear as to how it mounts

It looks as though you'd piece may be a bit mangled the two cut outs are push in clips. The bottom end looks broken to me. Any pics of the other side of the piece?

That curve will go around the front fog. Unsure if it’s top or bottom of the lamp though, maybe a second half still there or lost? Part number shows it’s for the right side

part 5b on this pic. So outside of right foglamp trim it clips in around the fog light and the curve would go down the inner side of the foglight

444D9D42-A226-4852-A39B-834680AF0BE3.png

Edited by Mikek3111

15 minutes ago, Xylynx said:

Hi is that image any help? Looking at in person it doesn't look like anything has cracked off

15206245248158234131606464409371.jpg

As it sits in this picture is how it fixes to right/driver foglamp.  Clips into the existing plastic trim

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the help with this. As promised these are some better photos of how it fits:

fogLightPlate_lugs.jpg

You first have hook the two "prongs" or lugs on the front of the part behind the two "rails" cast into the bumper as can be seen above.

fogLightPlate_back.jpg

The part then clips round the back of the fog light bracket as shown

fogLightPlate_onCar.jpg

And this is how it looks when installed on the car. I've no idea what its function is really, all I can't think is it's just to help with directing air into the inter-cooler?

Anyway thanks again for all the help!