Coolant warning alert

High there,

i have owned my Skoda fabia II VRS Estate, for about a month now, and I’m loving it. 

However, the (loud) coolant warning alert has come on twice in the last 2weeks. And the coolant levels are to low. So I topped it up with coolant. 

This keeps happening! Why?

Also 3 times now, the orange engine light has come up & stayed on for a few days at a time & then disappears again?

why?

if very low (below min)  and the weather is very cold it can come on when you start up  ie: contracts enough to generate a fault----if it's very slow to disappear check the  seal ring in the cap - a smigin of silicone grease may help

So take care beware.

Not just the Water Pump if it is that, it is Water Pump & Supercharger Magnetic clutch.

Take care the car does not have the Exhaust Emissions Light come on and then the Turbo close down, or the Supercharger leaving you in limp more.

About £450-£500 to have the Water Pump, Seals, Fluid and 2 belts replaced, but then Skoda Main Dealers might want 1 hours diagnostics to diagnose a well known issue.

£250 parts including VAT,  then the Labour.    Do not let someone with no idea touch it. 

?

How many miles on the car, when first registered?

I will bump the Water Pump thread with part no.s in the Fabia Mk2 Section.

Edited by AwaoffSki

Doh,

Well forget those prices, seeing as you are in Australia. 

& i take it the weather is not very cold, but then easy for that mistake to be made...