'Campaign 97CU completed'

As in the title,I've just had my Fabia serviced and this was on an individual record sheet.

I seem to remember they said something about the battery and it was a minor fix.

Anyone else had this and what exactly is it?

Why can't them just add a brief description of what they have done to a customer's property - to stop us thinking the worst and digging deeply to uncover the facts?

Edit:-  http://www.skoda.co.nz/my-skoda/service-campaign-finder                 

Maybe check that link for info?

Edited by rum4mo
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that but it says there's no relevant campaigns for my car.

I guess now the job's done it will have been cleared?

Yes, I'd guess so as the system will be live, what we need is someone with a similar aged car which has not yet been into the dealership since this campaign was launched to check - or ask when booking the car in.

Yes that would be helpful.

All I remember was the service manager muttering something about the battery and I left it with them.

I suppose I could ring them but I wondered if anyone else has had it. 

My Fabia was built in January 2016.

I looked into this the other day in erWin. This is what it says:

"Technical background

For Škoda vehicles of a certain production period the energy management of the vehicle battery has been optimised.

Remedy

On the affected vehicles the onboard supply control unit must be reprogrammed (see criterions)."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had 2 instances in the past where the garage was a bit in the dark about updates.

First was on a Focus. It had the upgrade Sony audio fitted and it was rubbish, total waste of money. OK, it had a nice screen but the CD was no better than standard and the radio dropped reception all the time, Told them at the first service and when I picked it up the reception chap said they had installed an upgrade to correct the issue and would I let them know if there was an improvement since it was the first they had done. Well it was greatly improved, still a waste of money but at least it did no drop stations any more. So I rang them but the chap I had dealt with was not at work, told a colleague of his who insisted there was no such upgrade. So the only obvious answer was the car fixed itself whilst it was at the garage.

Second was on a Kia Ceed CRDi. Took it in for the first service and on collection was told that a campaign update had been done but they knew nothing other than it was to do with the engine and like with Ford could I let them know if it was any better. Before the update the car would not run smoothly in 6th below 50 and 5th below 40 which could make motorway road work zones annoying. After the update there was no more problem, a great improvement, happy in 6th down to 40 and 5th down to probably 35. This time when i rang the dealer did not deny doing an update.

Hmmmm I wonder if that update would apply to my car and its basically non-functional stop/start! Nothing shows up when I put my VIN in though. Mine's a 1.2 TSI too but not the 110 and with a manual gearbox. 

Best ring them and quote the campaign number,they may or may not understand.

• 3 years later...

Just had my Fabia done for this recall, better (much) later than never !

Apparently the advice for cambelts have changed ie every 5 years now rather than 80,000 miles or so.

Car is 65 Reg but has only done 23k miles so I think I will leave it another few months but look around for a cheap but good deal as local Skoda dealer offering £500 for just cambelt or £600 for cambelt and water pump.  Who reputable does it cheaper ???