Paddles missing on Sportline 190 DSG 4X4

35 minutes ago, Greezy56 said:

Ps the paddles are Choco ashtray , you wont use them. But be annoyed

I occasionally use mine and did on my A3 S-Tronic too. They can be useful and if you expected them then Skoda needs to sort this.

I spec'd these as extras on my car along with a fair few more extras.

As for chocolate tea pots, fireguards and ashtrays.... they are edible so not useless.

On 19/03/2018 at 13:52, Speedman said:

I got my car just over a year ago and it wasn't as ordered although it was different to your problems  - I had a missing Traffic Sign recognition camera and wrong wheels - Modus 18"  fitted instead of 19" Sirius wheels. Dealer was quite good about it - they offered me the chance to keep the Modus wheels for a few weeks and then decide if I wanted to change to what I had ordered. I decided to keep the Modus as I quite liked them - they refunded the difference in cost plus £100. As compensation for the missing  TSR camera (option cost was £85) they have given me the first two services for free (value £279). Hope this assists in resolving your problems, my only issue would be that I wasn't that too bothered about the TSR camera but I would have been bothered about missing DSG paddles.

First two services come free anyway when you buy on finance.

When I was buying mine they didn't - it was a £279 option. At that time there was a £1500 deposit contribution and a £500 fuel card when you bought on finance, plus the discount given by the dealer.

I think I know what happend with the missing DSG-paddles. When I ordered my Sportline i noticed this.

DSG paddles is standard. But if you pick the option for heated stearing wheel, there is option 1, without paddles and option 2, with DSG-paddles. The prices is 900sek (90euro) more for paddles. This seems to apply to swedish configator.

It's good that Skoda UK have admitted their mistake and are taking steps to rectify it.

They have been known in the past to stick rigidly to their terms and conditions though, that is usually included in all literature and their online configurator.

Unfortunately the way it is worded has in the past allowed them to pretty much deliver whatever car they feel like!

Capture.thumb.JPG.68f0cdff7694bd5929157177dc107a89.JPG

• Like 1

Yes but the last sentence says that you have to confirm the spec with your  dealer. Once that has been done they should stick to it.

Edited by facet edge
Autocorrect
  • Like 1

The issue with confirming spec with either the dealer and/or Skoda UK is that both seem to refer to their own brochures (the ones which the general public are also relying on), rather than speaking with the factory or someone in the UK who is better informed. 

Due to this thread I checked the spec of the Sportline I had on order with Skoda UK; the guy on the online chat obviously just referred to the brochure as he replied with the same spelling mistake as the current brochure, "including gear padals for DSG models".  I believe that spelling mistake was in the brochure from when the Sportline was introduced, indicative of how often Skoda's marketing/docs dept are actually checking and updating things. 

Not exactly helpful to the consumer.  It's not like you're spending £3 on a paperback book only to discover the cover art has been changed in the latest run of prints; a car is a bloody expensive purchase and as such you should be getting what you pay for, which is inline with the published specification.  It's Skoda's responsibility to keep that up to date, not the customers.  It should be part of their own processes to ensure knowledghub articles, websites, docs and user guides are updated whenever a new feature/option/spec is introduced or amended/enhanced/deprecated.  If that happens outside of their regular update cycle then they should send out bulletin to the dealers and/or update their online configurator, a few hours work at most.  It's lazy and poor management at best.  

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

^^^ There is the rub.

?

Who in the UK is 'better informed'.   Maybe the new head of Skoda UK Sales and whatever can now get someone in place that is 'Better informed', 

or knows a person that is.

They can give them a title,  like 'Skoda UK director of correct vehicle specification of vehicles Skoda will import to the UK.  or just make it Rod McLeod.

• Like 1

Skoda customer services are just a call centre with non-technical staff handling initial contacts. Waste of time for most things except if you find yourself with major issues with a dealer. Not the fault of the guys and gals on the phone but the way it is set up. Skoda UK dont appear to have any technically qualified staff or the willingness or ability to access such data.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've updated, in honesty because save one run of fairly intense conversations I've been waiting for a new build....

Where I am today is that SUK and the dealer have ordered me a sport line plus (to match the old Sportline spec), which has now been built and is on it's way to the UK.

They are then going to do a "swap".

I'll update post swap, to be fair I'm pleased that both the dealer and SUK have stepped up to sort this, and it has put the brand in slightly better light. Obviously I'll have to wait and see if the new one actually has paddles + everything else on it before I give a final verdict :)

• Like 1