Snow in the boot

Has anyone else noticed snow getting blown under the tailgate (mines a scout estate) into the boot, when parked  up in street,

iv noticed it twice now, was definitely closed fully, only other thought was, it’s happening when lifting the tailgate up, causing suction 

pulling the snow off the rear bumper into boot? Iv never found rain getting under the boot tailgate, Mmm

Edited by andyasjl

suction. if it's fluffy snow and you don't brush it off the bumper, that's what will happen. How much?

regularly drops into the boot of my hatch and off the roof onto the seats if you don't brush it off properly.

- Bret

17 minutes ago, brettikivi said:

suction. if it's fluffy snow and you don't brush it off the bumper, that's what will happen. How much?

regularly drops into the boot of my hatch and off the roof onto the seats if you don't brush it off properly.

- Bret

Ok, this does make sense the more I think about it, prob was a dumb question I asked.... , I never had this with my mondeo , must be the shape and height of the huge flat bumper surface.

I tend to leave my large (mini broom)  like snow/ice scraper in the boot ,so I don’t have to open any doors before I’ve cleared the snow off, as yes snow falls onto the seats, .......case closed......

personally, the scrapers and brush are always behind the driver's seat. Wipe the rear door before opening, open that and get snow on it... then clear the driver's door before starting and then the rest. Then drive off.

- Bret