Kessy not always working

Hi!

I have a brand new (2 weeks old) Fabia III Wagon Style (SEL) that has full kessy (keyless entry and keyless start button). However, the door more often than not fails to notice that I want to unlock the door. Both front doors and the rear door do it. In these situations, I need to unlock the car from keyfob to get into the car.

The previous car was a similar one (albeit hatchback), and for the 3 years I had that car, I never had any problems. Do other people have issues with Kessy on new cars? I guess I should go back to the dealer with this, but first I would like to know if others have the same problem as well.

I have FIII and I'm pretty sure rear doors are NOT equipped with keyless sensors at all.

As long as front doors are concerned this might be the issue of low battery either in the key or in the car (in such case sensors are deactivated to save energey).

Hi the_raz

I had a similar thing on my MK3 Combi, but for me it was a case of the front / rear doors being out of sync occasionally.

I would pop the driver's door from the handle but the rear doors (usually only one) would still be locked.

Never figured it out, but don't have the car anymore

On my car ( which only has Kessy on the front doors  ), sometimes, it doesn't respond - but if I take my hand away for a second or two, and then put hand back into handle, it works fine.

I haven't studied it closely - but I think it's when I'm absent-mindedly grabbing the door handle, my thumb hits the "Lock" part on the outside of the handle - so it's getting a simultaneous Unlock-Lock command - so it just doesn't do anything!

I do believe it's become more frequent - and that may be because I've become more complacent with how I place my hand on the handle!

A bit annoying alright - but it's usually when I'm in a hurry, and I'm not thinking about what the door-handle needs !!

Could there be wax or polish, or oil or something, on your door-handles that's causing tracking of whatever tiny electric currents the system responds to ?

Edited by Dithane

Sorry, wrong info about what is working: rear doors not not have KESSY, I meant the trunk.

Whenever it works, it works perfectly and all doors are unlocked, just as I expect. It just always does not work.

As said I have used this on another car for 3 years, so I don't think my grip is wrong. There should also not be a battery issue since the car is only 2 weeks old.

• Like 1

Had my Fabia Estate 1 week now. Over night Kessy will not work on first use in the morning. Unlock it with key fob remotely the keyless entry and locking seem to work faultlessly for the rest of day.

I did wonder at the time I picked it up as the salesman had the same problem, when I questioned him on it he said he had his hand in wrong position!

• Haha 1

I got information from my salesman: If you lock the car with the Keyfob, it disables the kessy! He knew of this on the Rapid, but he was not sure if the same was true on Fabia as well, but I was able to confirm this today.

So, if you lock the car with KESSY, you can unlock with KESSY or keyfob, but if you lock the car with the keyfob, you need to unlock using the keyfob as well. 

Therefor, the logic question: can this be disabled in VCDS?

1 hour ago, the_raz said:

I got information from my salesman: If you lock the car with the Keyfob, it disables the kessy! He knew of this on the Rapid, but he was not sure if the same was true on Fabia as well, but I was able to confirm this today.

So, if you lock the car with KESSY, you can unlock with KESSY or keyfob, but if you lock the car with the keyfob, you need to unlock using the keyfob as well. 

This isn't the case for my Octavia, I have Kessy and it doesn't matter if I use the fob or not, Kessy still works.

2 hours ago, the_raz said:

Not so on my Fabia - just checked. Can lock and unlock in any order - Kessy - Fob - Kessy - Fob - Fob - Kessy - Kessy !

Edited by Dithane

On my previous Fabia (my 2015) I could also do this in any order, on this new Fabia (built in beginning of February) locking with keyfob disables the KESSY.

• Thanks 1