Dab logos are missing or wrong

Aknedude

On my new Karoq i have DAB+ But a lot of station logos are missing, or the Logos/station name dont match, does the radio needs a fac. reset??? or can i reset the  Just all the stations. I know i can get the logos from from a webside, (low res) but the radio should do this automatic

8 hours ago, Aknedude said:

On my new Karoq i have DAB+ But a lot of station logos are missing, or the Logos/station name dont match, does the radio needs a fac. reset??? or can i reset the  Just all the stations. I know i can get the logos from from a webside, (low res) but the radio should do this automatic

Not all DAB stations transmit the logo data, I know they should but this is real life!

I downloaded them from a site I found on the Up! forum but it was over a year ago and I can't remember any more details.

Fred

Hello guys,

I had exactly the same issue with my Ateca. 

Heres a link to the VW main site, have a look at this. 

Download all the logos onto an SD card / storage device, then take it to your car and look for the logos you want.

Hope this helps!

Stu

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/how-to-guides/sat-nav

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a play adding a few logos to some DAB (and FM) stations that were missing logos. Created some 500 x 500 px image files as per the manual which look ok in the preset list view. However, in on of the larger views such as "station info" they look very blocky. The inbuilt ones look ok in this view so not sure what resolution they are.

Tried 600 x 600 px logos and they didn't look any better and the VW ones are 160 x 120 px so lower res.

I was really annoyed with the fact my Karoq doesn't pick up the station logo's when my Wifes Yeti does and that hasn't even got DAB !

I downloaded the logo's but the first two stations I looked for weren't even included in the download (and they are not new stations !)

it's a bit s:swear:t to be honest

Google the radio station you need the logo for. For example, Classic FM has many different logos on Google. Download a few onto the SD card. 

Check the size of the pic is "reasonable " then store it on the SD card. I think the pics are PNG files. Assume Karoq has 2 SD card slots, like the Ateca? 

Put the SD card back into the car then in the radio settings section, you can download the station logo you want onto the relevant preset.

Basically, you can store any picture you like for any radio preset, even AM. I had a few preset logos missing on my Ateca but managed to sort them out using the above.

Edited by stupra
Additional information added

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, Luckypants said:

or you can download an updated list from http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-GB with your VIN. There is a downloadable logo file there. It is not exhaustive though.

That is what I used initially but it only really gave me the bbc sites that I use. Depends what part of the country you are from and how lucky you are with the local stations?

Here's a collection of the Skoda Radio Icons plus some I created myself. All display fine with no blockiness. Load in what you want off a USB Stick.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/92b1b43ac0cbd17ad385f3a1ea5e2da220180824102200/8256f896e9965882ec836ee11c48cd8220180824102200/64bf47