YouTube etc on admundsen

Thanks.

Just looked and this app is £5.99 - is that the one?

Are there any free apps that do a similar thing?

There are similar apps for jailbroken iPhone like CarBridge and NGXPlay but that of course comes with the added headache of Jailbreaking, not updating your phone etc.

Edited by uchuff

Was gunna say you can use the CarPlay through CarBridge or NGXPlay but that’s with the mucky business of jailbreaking a phone and not upgrade the firmware officially. Out of interest, what phone are you using for Android Auto and MirrorLink? I tried my friends Galaxy S9+ and it wouldn’t take LG Mirror Drive. Interested in case my other half upgrades to an Android phone :)

Floating apps for auto works over a mirror link approved app. For example start mirrorlink up, then in my case I open rockscout app. If you swipe from left of screen on car you get the floating app menu giving you access to you tube etc. Works well. Great for long waits in car for mrs or mates etc.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

so just having phone conected via miror link (cable or wifi ) and starting rockscout is not enough, i need to install floating app in order to have access to youtube..
great since just having Rockscout wont play videos just keep ignoring my ass..

cheers.