Petrol 1.8 ŠKODA Octavia Laurin & Klement Mk3 exists ?

Hi All

I see references on the web for a petrol 1.8 version of the ŠKODA Octavia Laurin & Klement  but can only see the  2.0 diesel versions for sale both used and as a new car on the Skoda site, yet even the link on their site says one was available .... does anyone know if it was actually available in the UK, the years it was and why it is no longer ?

This link says it was - http://www.skoda.co.uk/news/skoda-octavia-laurin-klement-now-on-sale

I would be interested in the  Mklll 1.8 DSG estate if I can find one.

Many Thanks in Advance

1.8tsi still available in other countries but not the UK - I believe it was killed off latter end of 2016 and only available in top L&K trim.

1.4Tsi -v- 1.8Tsi  (DSG hatch)

0-60 : 7.9s  -v- 7.2s

mpg : 57  -v-  50

Co2 :  114g/km -v- 128g/km

Torque : 250Nm -v- 250Nm

Killed off because it didn't sell here in UK -  1.4Tsi is a more attractive proposition especially to it's target audience.

edit:  from what I've read, I think the manual 1.8 was averaging mid 30's real world - with the DSG real world being slightly worse.

edit: A review of the 1.8 Facelift on mainland Europe:  1.8Tsi Combi

Edited by Guest

1.8 was the best engine. It costed 50 eur more than 1.4 engine with 140ps when I was buying the car :D. And that was about 8000 eur cheaper than vrs. I am kinda disappointed I didnt bought it then.

• Like 1

If they had kept selling the 1.8 petrol Scout I'd probably have one now. Can't really see why slow sales would be he reason to axe the 1.8 in the UK....what's the cost/downside in keeping a model on the price list that's available in other markets (even RHD markets like Australia)?

Will be interesting to see if they reintroduce a petrol between the 150ps 1.5 and 245ps VRS now the diesel star is waning.

On 3/30/2018 at 19:59, RajaStyle said:

Hi All

I see references on the web for a petrol 1.8 version of the ŠKODA Octavia Laurin & Klement  but can only see the  2.0 diesel versions for sale both used and as a new car on the Skoda site, yet even the link on their site says one was available .... does anyone know if it was actually available in the UK, the years it was and why it is no longer ?

This link says it was - http://www.skoda.co.uk/news/skoda-octavia-laurin-klement-now-on-sale

I would be interested in the  Mklll 1.8 DSG estate if I can find one.

Many Thanks in Advance

Yep, I've got one - had it since new 2014 but manual gearbox.

I see VW have stated putting a 1.8 tsi in the golf alltrack. When I was changing my car last autumn the all track was only available with a Diesel engine. Perhaps Skoda will follow suit?

The 1.8 has been around for years, and was originally sized to suit German tax, I think above 1.8 litres incurred more.

Having created it for the massive German market it was sold in number of countries, but didn’t do well in UK as was only in limited expensive spec.

I had a Y-reg 1.8 litre (the 20 valve, auto) L&K, brilliant car.  But our mk2 was a 2 litre FSI engine.  In the mk3 the 1.4 tsi was similar power which meant the 1.8 didn’t add much, especially as they cost about 20% more in UK (as had to buy the higher spec)

There is certainly space between 150bhp and 245 for a modern engine

Guest Skoda-Colargol

I've just ordered a Skoda Octavia Scout 2018, 1,8/180 (280nm torque) TSi, DSG 6, 4x4, and this is a very popular engine here in Norway for the Superb and the Octavia.

My dealer told me that this engine is going to be replaced by a new one, 2.0/190 TSi but he didn't say anything about the torque.

In my 2016 Superb estate 1,8/180 TSi the torque is reduced to 250nm because of the limits in the DSG 7 (max 250nm), with a manuell gearbox this engine deliverer 320nm, but we can't select a manuell gearbox in Norway (for the Superb 1,8/180 TSi).

(sorry for poor english grammar)

On 30.3.2018 at 23:43, Scot5 said:

from what I've read, I think the manual 1.8 was averaging mid 30's real world - with the DSG real world being slightly worse.

I got 1.8 TSI DSG going at about 35 UK MPG (check my Fuelly in signature) overall average - this is 80-90% tanked from pretty much 3-4 different station pistols (I tend to tank from 2 different locations, but the pistols may vary).