Finally car collected

Nicky_P

We liked the greys, but were coming from a cappu beige Yeti, which in most lights looked silvery grey. We wanted a real change so went for the Black Magic. Since we ordered they've added a retro look battleship grey (meteor grey?) and we could have gone with that had it been available at the time. We're delighted with the black. Back in our two car days we had his n hers Passat and Polo in black so know they need keeping up to.

Enjoy your new cars all. Sun is shining so time for a play I think :biggrin:

• Like 1

Had a call from my dealer this morning,   car is in the UK and being transported to them, so will be ready sometime next week and he'll let me know when nearer the pick up day.

WOOOHOOO  :biggrin:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, olly_shaw said:

It’s pretty good actually. Takes a little getting used to. When it does find the spot the manoeuvre is precise. And it’s fun :-)

I tried to use the parkassistent on a narrow street between two cars, but couldn't make it. I guess I have to find a playground ;)

Had our car for a couple of weeks or so now although its been sat on the drive for the past week while we were away on holiday. Anyway today was a nice day so gave it it's first wash along with the Up, both looking really good in black.

The car has only done 200 miles so we're still getting to know it but even though it's early days we're extremely happy with it. We even had the sun roof open today, not had one in a long time so bit of a novelty. Also, things like the Velcro boot storage retaining things are really useful, daft little things i never knew i needed in my life :biggrin:

One minor negative though is the car seems a bit keen off the mark in first gear (dsg), noticebly different to my Golf, something I'll keep an eye on.

20180415_131320.jpg

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Bowdie said:

Velcro boot storage thingy's don't work very well with a rubber boot liner!!!

That's true. So mine live underneaath said bootliner :sadsmile:

IMG_20180404_144246.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

Had our car for a couple of weeks or so now although its been sat on the drive for the past week while we were away on holiday. Anyway today was a nice day so gave it it's first wash along with the Up, both looking really good in black.

The car has only done 200 miles so we're still getting to know it but even though it's early days we're extremely happy with it. We even had the sun roof open today, not had one in a long time so bit of a novelty. Also, things like the Velcro boot storage retaining things are really useful, daft little things i never knew i needed in my life :biggrin:

One minor negative though is the car seems a bit keen off the mark in first gear (dsg), noticebly different to my Golf, something I'll keep an eye on.

20180415_131320.jpg

Very smart. Back in our two car days, we had his n hers Passat and Polo in black with similar reg plates.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bowdie said:

Velcro boot storage thingy's don't work very well with a rubber boot liner!!!

I've bought a boot liner but I'm only putting it in car when it's needed for a tip run etc.

1 minute ago, Michael G said:

Very smart. Back in our two car days, we had his n hers Passat and Polo in black with similar reg plates.

Fairly similar to us then, she has the Karoq, I have the Golf with number plates that only differ by one digit, the Up is my son's by the way.

Mines out of shot as it is filthy after spending a week in a car park, couldn't be bothered washing it after doing the other two. 

Collected our car yesterday and very happy overall. Went for the manual and now regret that decision. With all the other bells and whistles in the car manually changing gear just doesn't feel right.

Only a few things I have found annoying so far:

1) can't have the front passenger seat fully back and still turn our rotating car seat on the rear seat as not enough space

2) android auto only connects via cable and not wireless

3) once you have Bluetooth connected to the car. Every time following that if the phone is not in the car, the car still tries to connect and the screen between the dials just shows 'establishing connection' and doesn't give up after a min or so.

35 minutes ago, Hitz said:

Collected our car yesterday and very happy overall. Went for the manual and now regret that decision. With all the other bells and whistles in the car manually changing gear just doesn't feel right.

1) can't have the front passenger seat fully back and still turn our rotating car seat on the rear seat as not enough space

3) once you have Bluetooth connected to the car. Every time following that if the phone is not in the car, the car still tries to connect and the screen between the dials just shows 'establishing connection' and doesn't give up after a min or so.

2) AA wireless is on its way. US only for now, and initially Google phones - so Nexus/Pixel 1 & 2. Needs a wi-fi enabled car. In anticipation, I'm looking at adding wi-fi to the car. Will save cable wrangling, but also means no charging. And Waze, Spotify etc will use some battery.

Be good to have the choice though.

3) Check settings. Ours seemed to try to connect to my Pixel 2 whether I was in the car or not. I'd added the wife's GS8 but a setting was my phone only. Changed it to both and it now connects to to either or both.

Edited by Michael G
spacing

16 hours ago, Nicky_P said:

One minor negative though is the car seems a bit keen off the mark in first gear (dsg), noticebly different to my Golf,

Umm - keen off the mark compared to a 300+ hp, AWD ,Golf R..?  I thought I might "need" a Golf R Estate but now I'm thinking I need a Karoq instead!   :biggrin:

Edited by TheRobinK
typo
  • Haha 1

On 14/04/2018 at 19:30, Janse said:

I collected my Karoq yesterday and had a great ride to Copenhagen today :biggrin:imageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950daimageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950daimageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950da

20180413_171941.jpg

20180413_172004.jpg

Looking very smart loving the colour B)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fabman said:

Cars are looking really smart , Janse is yours petrol blue ? 

Yes its petrol blue. It was a positive surprise to see the color for real, we are simply glad that we chose this color:)

• Like 1

If you get a bright sunny day. ,once in a blue moon I know for Denmark as been there many times for work #Vestas , can you take some more picture please :)

22 hours ago, Hitz said:

3  Amunsden does this in my Yeti i press radio or nav or folder button on steering wheel