Finally car collected

Nicky_P

8 minutes ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Does it make it much darker when seeing out of the windows? 

No, rear visabilty is still very good, I suppose it's similar to wearing sunglasses.

Obviously at night vision isn't as good as standard glass hence the fronts remain untouched.

I'll try and get a decent photo from the inside looking out.

15 hours ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Does it make it much darker when seeing out of the windows? 

Took a picture for you buddy and as you can see visability is still very good, even on the cloudiest day....

20180402_115314.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nicky_P said:

Took a picture for you buddy and as you can see visability is still very good, even on the cloudiest day....

20180402_115314.jpg

Thanks mate, looks so clear for 90 tint. Quite impressed I must say. 

Finally picked up my business grey BW8 Edition today :-).  It was delivered to the showroom yesterday so they did a great job getting it checked etc. for me to pick it up.  They also gave me a bottle of Champagne and full tank of petrol to apologise for the delays. 

I'm really impressed with the car, great drive, good looks (in my opinion), very comfortable and great array of features.  Love the LED ambient lighting at night too. 

The one thing that would have been great was to be able to permanently disable the keyless entry, it seems you have to do this every time you have unlocked the car.  Still, it's not too onerous to do when parking up at home. 

20180407_193755.jpg

Edited by Englando
  • Like 2

Congrats and very nice picture. It also looks great in business grey. I'm looking forward to pick up my own and hopefully I can do it Thursday or Friday next week :)

Edited by Janse

On 31/03/2018 at 18:31, Nicky_P said:

2018-03-31_18.25.26.jpg

That'll be Pulman Skoda then!

Lovely looking Karoq, there is something about a black car with dark tints and a touch of chrome.

I test drove the grey Kodiaq Scout behind your car in the showroom the week before you collected!

20180309_120410.thumb.jpg.24e145d1ee72e973b1bbd15325d82a65.jpg

• Like 1

On 31/03/2018 at 18:34, Nicky_P said:

I live in York but commute daily to Durham for work.

Pulman Skoda are very good, unlike my local dealer (DM Keith), so it's worth the 62 mile journey!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

That'll be Pulman Skoda then!

Lovely looking Karoq, there is something about a black car with dark tints and a touch of chrome.

I test drove the grey Kodiaq Scout behind your car in the showroom the week before you collected!

20180309_120410.thumb.jpg.24e145d1ee72e973b1bbd15325d82a65.jpg

Correct, my brother inlaw is the sales manager there.

• Like 1

Business grey seems to suit the car contours well , haven't seen many petrol blue models on here , hope I've made the right choice ?

12 minutes ago, fabman said:

Business grey seems to suit the car contours well , haven't seen many petrol blue models on here , hope I've made the right choice ?

I'm sure you have made the right choice. I'm also waiting for one in petrol blue or "lava blue" as it is called in DK. Hopefully I can put a picture on this site next friday ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Englando said:

Finally picked up my business grey BW8 Edition today :-).  It was delivered to the showroom yesterday so they did a great job getting it checked etc. for me to pick it up.  They also gave me a bottle of Champagne and full tank of petrol to apologise for the delays. 

I'm really impressed with the car, great drive, good looks (in my opinion), very comfortable and great array of features.  Love the LED ambient lighting at night too. 

The one thing that would have been great was to be able to permanently disable the keyless entry, it seems you have to do this every time you have unlocked the car.  Still, it's not too onerous to do when parking up at home. 

20180407_193755.jpg

are you sure about keyless entry? the way i red in the manual you do it once 

55 minutes ago, vadimo said:

are you sure about keyless entry? the way i red in the manual you do it once 

Yep, tried it out a few times, you disable it by pressing the lock button on the fob and within 5 seconds press the handle.  When you unlock the car with the button kessy is re-enable. 

I think its because the whole of the kessy system is disabled manually not just keyless entry. 

58 minutes ago, Englando said:

Yep, tried it out a few times, you disable it by pressing the lock button on the fob and within 5 seconds press the handle.  When you unlock the car with the button kessy is re-enable. 

I think its because the whole of the kessy system is disabled manually not just keyless entry. 

i see, i did plan to turn it off (with understanding its permanent) but i guess now i wont bother, besides its a Skoda and this is part of the joy having it, no one really wants it and probably would have to pay someone to steal it:giggle:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Englando said:

Finally picked up my business grey BW8 Edition today .......

What does this mean?

Serious question. I don’t understand it.

52 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

What does this mean?

Serious question. I don’t understand it.

Keyless entry is part of KESSY, and potentially a security risk as there are ways criminals can get in to your car by boosting the signal between the car and the key fob.  They use two devices, one near the car and the other near your house to locate a signal from the key. 

There doesn't appear to be any way of permanently disabling the keyless entry though, only temporarily, which we are now doing when we lock the car. Some people just put their key fobs into a metal container to block the signal. 

Looks good Englando and congrats on eventually getting it !

I was torn between buisness and quartz grey and went with the quartz in the end, but I think they look equally great :biggrin: