Digital dash

TonyTonic

Just got an email back from Skoda UK:

Dear Mr Lang

Thank you for your recent contact regarding the new ŠKODA KAROQ. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I am delighted to hear of your interest in ŠKODA and in particularly the KAROQ.

I have discussed your query with our Product Marketing Team, and they have advised that hopefully the Digital Instrument Display should be available to order for the KAROQ from the 30 July 2018. However, this feature is still to be confirmed if will be a factory optional extra or standard. I apologise for any disappointment that this may cause.

For all the latest updates regarding our vehicle's, I would recommend that you visit the news section on our website. I have attached the link below:

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/news

I hope you find this information useful and thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.

Kind regards

Dean Goodwin
Customer Relations Advisor
ŠKODA UK | Selectapost 34 | Sheffield | S97 3FA
Tel:  0333 0037504  
[email protected] | www.skoda.co.uk | www.skoda-auto.com

That date (30th July) corresponds with what I was told today by a dealer, namely that MY19 specs will be available to order from Week 31 (30th July).  I was also advised that no petrol cars can be orederd at present, as has been the case for a few weeks.  The reason given was shortage of supply, but I suspect WLTP is a main factor.

No clarity provided on when Skoda will finalise pricing & spec details for MY 19. 

UK Configurator notice

Factory orders from June will reflect Model Year 19 specification and pricing. Our website and configurator reflects Model Year 18 specifications (including fuel efficiency and emissions performance) and pricing. These models are available from UK stock only. Please speak to your local ŠKODA retailer for more information.

I had the digital dash in a T-Roc. Not in the Karoq.

My personal opinion is that the non-digital in the Karoq is better than the digital in the VW. I found the digital confusing and klutzy to move around in. There was a total of 21 different buttons on the steering wheel and one extra on the indicator stalk. I reverted to have it display the fake analog displayed all the time - and the pictogram of the needles is so thin that it is difficult to see, but in that mode, the speed is shown in large numbers inside the "speedometer" and the rev counter has a large display of the gear selected and D/S/M mode for the DSG.

The center display can show a lot of stuff, but is confusing to move around in and in any mode where the analog gauges are not shown, the speed data is in very small number, difficult to see.

The present Karoq display is a lot better and the data shown in the center are logically arranged and easy to move around in with the thumb wheel on the right side og the steering wheel.

My only bitch with the Karoq system is the auto pilot control being on a separate stalk, which you cannot see and can easily be mistaken for the direction indicator stalk. This stalk has a number of buttons and functions, which are not intuitive to use. Maybe with some longer experience it will become natural?

From my personal experience the VW, so I'm assuming the Skoda digital dash will be similar, is nowhere near as good as that fitted to the Audi cars. I found  the VW dash to be very flat looking and nowhere near as graphical as the Audi system.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect the thread.

How are the experiences with digital dash so far for the lucky owners?

Are there any significant issues or is everything fine.

I cant decide should i get digital or stick to analog. The analog ones are horribly nasty peace of work on Skoda part.

I wont have NAV main unit, just Bolero so i wont have navigation screen but no big deal for me.

Having come from a mk7.5 Golf with a digital display I thought I'd miss the display as the in stock Karoq I went for didn't have it.

I have to say I dont and I'm a tech nerd. The small digital display on the normal dash is perfectly adequate and shows all the bits I want it to that I used to have on the Golf.

If you wont have Nav then it wont add much to be honest.

14 hours ago, Briggo said:

Having come from a mk7.5 Golf with a digital display I thought I'd miss the display as the in stock Karoq I went for didn't have it.

I have to say I dont and I'm a tech nerd. The small digital display on the normal dash is perfectly adequate and shows all the bits I want it to that I used to have on the Golf.

If you wont have Nav then it wont add much to be honest.

+1.  Not quite sure what a digital dash is supposed to be telling me any more than the normal dash. The small colour digital screen provides me with all the info I need, in fact if I have the sat nav on whilst driving, I actually prefer to see the simple direction indicator and street names rather than the full map ( which I can see on the left if I really need it ). Not a deal breaker if it's std equipment but paying £400 for something that tells me my speed? Adds nothing to the value of the car. Not for me I'm afraid.

Tried one a few years ago in a Passat and have to say a low sun made the digital dash harder to read. 

• 2 months later...