Just bought rapid spaceback

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get your thoughts. Just bought a 14 plate Rapid Spaceback G-Tech from trader and I've had some issues. As I was about set off in my new used car the engine warning light came on, however the trader immediately fixed the issue and delivered the car.

Today I find the error is pending on the OBD reader I have - P0112 Intake Air Temperature Circuit Low Input - but its not showing on the dash after 45min drive. They changed the MAF ( picture ) . 

I also noticed the car has a squeaky sound when going over 20mph speed bumps.

In all does the fact the error is pending mean it will eventually show up on the dash? 

They did say they would look at it again and sort the issues but seems like a lot of headache so far.

You haven't said what the mileage is, but my feeling is reject the car as fundamentaly faulty, get your money back

If you are getting that many faults, squeaks etc. already.  Servicing likely to have been skimped.  Likely to cause problems in future

I've read that the squeaky suspension is one of those characteristics of the car/model. Does it squeak all of the time or occasionally. Even my Toledo squeaks occasionally from the front NS but if I try and listen for it happening sods law it won't oblige.

Regards the other fault, definately have them sort it, they should be able to clear the fault if they've solved the cause.

Edited by MickA

5 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Has it had the emissions fix?

and could that be the source of the faults?

Nothing in paper work suggest so.

The seller has agreed for me to return the car.

The sqeaky sounds mainly happen on speed bumps.

On 05/04/2018 at 21:51, rikabi said:

Nothing in paper work suggest so.

The seller has agreed for me to return the car.

The sqeaky sounds mainly happen on speed bumps.

Just interested in your thread. Did you manage to resolve this by returning the car and, if so, have you replaced it?

1 hour ago, kevberlin said:

Just interested in your thread. Did you manage to resolve this by returning the car and, if so, have you replaced it?

Yes i did after a few barriers from the trader and games. I got a full refund.

He tried to claim thier was nothing wrong with the car and that i was looking for faults. 

Thats was until a garage hooked up a reader and read the error.

20180407_110155.jpg

• Like 1

So the dealer took it back and gave you a refund, which is all to the good.

But .. the car still exists to be sold on to someone else or put through the auctions. 

Don't happen to have a piccy of it do you, which shows the registration number?

Trying to get my DVLA road tax refund is proving diffcult. 

Trader didnt send the green slip and is notgiving me the details either for me to obtain a refund. He sugguesting because he put £30 of diseal and delivered the car to puts us even. 

DVLA basically say i have to send a form (£25) to get £20 back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Offski said:

Best give that Trader some free publicity.   Any publicity being good publicity and all that.

Put their name in BIG,  so that other customers will be able to know how they deal with issues. 

Defo will be giving a detailed review.

• Like 1