Karoq standard sound system

MarcusKaroq

I was wondering what the standard sound system sounds like and weather anyone was planning on upgrading the speakers or adding a small subwoofer? 

I decided not to go with the canton speakers as they were quite expensive. But I might be tempted to upgrade the system when I’ve got the car.

I've got the Canton system and for all the effort of up grading its well worth the money

Edited by patrolman

I believe you loose the dashboard top storage with this as a speaker takes its place. Does it have any effect on the boot, ie using up any of the spare wheel well?

Colin

Canton? We have it in ours and it's a big improvement over the standard system, however, be warned that the sound is very, very, bright. Speakers and subs won't change this substantially, you'd have to change the amp/DAC. 

However, my local friendly car audio retailer told me that he's never sold an upgrade to a Skoda Superb yet (my other car which is also fitted with Canton). They sound similar but if anything the Karoq sound is even brighter.

I wouldn't bother with the Canton either, a pricey option that adds very little value to the car when it comes to selling. Doubt I'd upgrade either, how good a sound system do you really need in a car?

4 hours ago, ethereum said:

I wouldn't bother with the Canton either, a pricey option that adds very little value to the car when it comes to selling. Doubt I'd upgrade either, how good a sound system do you really need in a car?

It might not add to the resale but it sounds better and I tend to spend more time listening to music in the car than I do at home.

On 08/04/2018 at 22:26, Vectis said:

It might not add to the resale but it sounds better and I tend to spend more time listening to music in the car than I do at home.

Me too, I wouldn't have chosen the Superb or the Karoq without the Canton option.

My last car was a Volvo S60. The Superb is better in most things IMHO but the Volvo premium sound system is way better than the Canton.

Volvo = better seats, much better audio

Skoda = better engine, ride, handing, space

Noise suppression is very similar, with both cars sensitive to the choice of tyre. Materials in the cabin and switchgear are also very similar quality, bar the carpets, where Volvo are somewhat nicer.

Sorry, gone a bit off topic...

• Like 2