Yeti Rear shelf pocket/net

TruckbusUK

Query ... the management has decided that she thinks the Yeti rear parcel shelf net pocket storage is a good thing, so my query before I splosh on something that will never get used is .....

1/ has any one got one and actually uses it?

2/ do they find it useful?

3/ does it sag when it has contents ... brolly, rain jacket etc?

Here is a pic ....

Thanks for the feedback.

8e96d01s-1920.jpg

Edited by TruckbusUK

I considered one but like you say it will sag when you put weight in it because it is elastic and may also thump up n down as you go over bumps. It would help hold things down on the top of the shelf though, I keep my brolly on top as the rear headrests will stop it flying forward.

I've managed 7 years without one so wont be bothering with one.

• Like 1

I've had one in my Yeti for the last 4 years and the net bit is OK for a brolly etc. As long as you don't put anything too heavy in it should be OK

Usefully the top bit is good at stopping items placed on top from moving about.

If you decide you do want one, I'll be selling mine (along with mats and other stuff) when my Yeti gets traded in tomorrow

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gyp said:

I've had one in my Yeti for the last 4 years and the net bit is OK for a brolly etc. As long as you don't put anything too heavy in it should be OK

Usefully the top bit is good at stopping items placed on top from moving about.

If you decide you do want one, I'll be selling mine (along with mats and other stuff) when my Yeti gets traded in tomorrow

Hi Gyp, if the price is right, I'll message you.

Robin

Message sent!

Edited by TruckbusUK

1/ has any one got one and actually uses it?

I had one in my Yeti - I almost never used it.

2/ do they find it useful?

Not really - the zip compartment is too thin to be genuinely useful and the netting thing is only hand for certain items (a brolly being one as has been said)

3/ does it sag when it has contents ... brolly, rain jacket etc?

I doubt anyone has ever put enough stuff in there for long enough to find out.

• Like 1

With a full sized brolly in there, it supports it, but goes clunk, clunk when driving over bumps.  I don't use it now, its still fitted though.

• Like 1

The net looks very similar to the one I have fitted in the boot. It's handy for keeping bags for life, drying towels and collapsible water and feeding bowls for Hadley. 

As an aside, it looks like Skoda no longer provide the (imo) rather handy storage compartment with the retractable parcel shelf that I have in my Scout estate. If that's the case, it may be an option for storing breakdown kit; warning triangles,  breakdown lights and high vis gear? 

There has never been a retractable parcel shelf on the Yeti, only the solid one. The is a space just inside the boot, below the lock plate for a triangle; even has straps fitted to hold it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

There has never been a retractable parcel shelf on the Yeti, only the solid one. The is a space just inside the boot, below the lock plate for a triangle; even has straps fitted to hold it.

I think the straps for the warning triangle are only fitted if the car is ordered without the spare wheel. Ours was ordered with the spare and the moulded location is present as are the holes for the straps, but the straps are not fitted, I assume it because the spare wheel rests against the cut-out, our triangle sits in one of the under floor trays.

2 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

I'm going to do you a favour Graham and set up a Fund Me campaign to buy those new glasses you obviously need. 

RMFPA! 

I fitted my wheel kit and noticed the moulded location for the triangle in one of the boxes, but I have left it strapped in the original space so I can confirm it does fit there with the wheel installed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickT said:

I fitted my wheel kit and noticed the moulded location for the triangle in one of the boxes, but I have left it strapped in the original space so I can confirm it does fit there with the wheel installed.

Thanks, I'll need to find some suitable straps/velcro then.