Octavia 3 FL Steering Wheel error code

Hi

I've scanned today the o3 FL with Carista and it returned error code 291104 for Steering Wheel, but nothing else mentioned on what might mean.

I tried to search this code and found very little info on it, only one mention of it on a forum that it might be related to the heating function, but this works for me, did not had a problem with it.

Other applications for scanning error codes, did not returned anything (Dash  command, ODB car Doctor, ODB Fusion). Only Carista returned the error code.

Does anyone has any info on it, and should I get worried?

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue on my Karoq (month old).

According to service center, they are waiting for response from Skoda Auto.

Some threshhold values of the temp sensor are wrong 

Just fitted a new steering wheel and the error is still there. I think it’s a software issue. As everything works, I assume it’s a bug in the software while reading temperature parameters, and not hardware related.  

Please let me know if you hear anything from the dealer. 

I think there are more manufacturers of the sensors which are located in the steering wheel and some of them needs different threshold values  

Can you check part number of your steering wheel?

Mine is: 5Q0953521LA

• 1 month later...

Hi havrosh do you have any updates from the dealer?

I've done some Live data reads from the steering wheel, and it seems the error only triggers when the ignition is off and then on.

After that, if I start the heat on the steering wheel it's status changes from Error to ON. If I stop it if sais off or pending. Only if I stop the ignition and start if back the error shows again.

It must be a software problem... development :) 

Went to the dealer with a different problem, and he did a error scan, and I was playing dumb.... "look an error on the steering wheel" .. the tech guy did not even bothered to investigate. 

I am curios to see what it said to you.

• 5 years later...