Lightswitch

Hi Guys,

I need some help please.

My Octavia isn't a new one, but it is new to me, I bought it second hand at 2 years old. Its the first Skoda I have owned and its due to come out of its warranty next month (6th May).

I am wondering if someone can shed some light (no pun intended!) on the lightswitch itself. I have attached some images of mine.

When i have the dial set to AUTO, only the AUTO word lights up in yellow - which I believe is normal and working correctly.

My issue comes when the lights are on (dipped headlights).

Sidelights seem to light the sidelight icon up in green, which again seems right.

However, with dipped beam on, the dipped beam icon does not light up. If I leave it in the "Auto" position when its dark enough for the lights to come on, the sidelights icon lights up, but not the dipped beam icon.

Also, if I put the fog lights on (by pulling the dial), these icons also do not light up.

Is this normal?

Or should I be making a visit to Skoda ASAP to get it sorted under warranty?

Just to confirm, the lights themselves, side lights, dipped beam, full beam and all fog lights work - its not an issue with the lights but the icons on the lightswitch. 

thanks in advance

Mark

20180321_075934.jpg

20180321_075947.jpg

20180321_075952.jpg

Same, mine is only really in Auto.

It was a bit foggy the other morning, so I manually turned the lights on (they didn't come on automatically) and that is when I noticed it to be honest.

Glad to know its totally normal.

Thanks guys!

Same for me regarding the behaviour of the light LED on the switch. It would be nice if they had the same indication in the Maxidot so you dont need to look down to see if they are active.

you can change the light level when the auto lights are activated in the car-settings-lighting & illumination menu.

You can choose between early, normal or late which might help in foggy conditions.

I have mine set to early, but still have to sometimes turn them on manually in mist or drizzle, which means I'm often looking down to check if they've come on.

On a related note, it bugs me that I can't tell whether the wiper stalk is off or in auto without sweeping the wipers across a dry windscreen.

Cheers for that Gabbo I'll have a fiddle with the settings. 

6 minutes ago, Rodge said:

On a related note, it bugs me that I can't tell whether the wiper stalk is off or in auto without sweeping the wipers across a dry windscreen.

Haha I thought I was the only one! 

On my Volvo it used to have a separate intermittent and auto function for the wipers and when the auto was on a little water droplet appeared on the MFD to show you it was on auto. That was a great idea. I have to say though, the Octy’s auto wipers are the first set of auto wipers I’ve ever had that haven’t been catastrophically crap. I’m impressed :)