VRS 245 spotted in showroom for retail sale

List price of my manual estate with (only) DCC, spare wheel and black paint was £30,125 when ordered eleven months ago. (I didn't pay that).

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Edited by juan27
  • Like 1

Bought my 67 plate red hatch for SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper than that a month ago, although nowhere near as many options.

2 hours ago, Mada said:

People actually buy these and they aren't all leased? :D

2 yrs time the market will be flooded with these.  Unlike the Golf R or M135i which did similar cheapo deals, the market for skoda's is far smaller and i reckon these will take a serious tumble in price.

Love ti know what the GFV on a 2/3yr purchase for one of these was.

17 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

2 yrs time the market will be flooded with these.  Unlike the Golf R or M135i which did similar cheapo deals, the market for skoda's is far smaller and i reckon these will take a serious tumble in price.

Love ti know what the GFV on a 2/3yr purchase for one of these was.

Exactly! The leases represent fantastic value for money but I'd never entertain buying one at £30k! My lease costs me £6k over 2 years and you would lose more than that the second you drive it out of the showroom.

Whilst I in no way could actually AFFORD this car, I notice everyone saying they paid less then the list price for what they ARE driving but no-one dared put up this discount. This would actually be really handy as, if each of us knew just how far a dealer will go to lower and sell a car, the better the deal will become for everyone.  I had my (59) Fabia Greenline, from new, back in 2009 and with options of metallic black paint, ESP, Climatronic Air-con and a few other little things I have forgotten about. I paid about 11K for it if memory serves, which was lower then the standard price, without the options. Oh, and they threw- in duel control pedals, too. I also gained 20% discount on parts and accessories, along with servicing.  I went forward and back, to Trans-city Skoda, in Walthamstow and Preston Skoda, in Forest Gate (Now, sadly defunct). I beieve I got the best deal I could at the time, along with a fairly low finance deal, that beat most loans etc out there!

Now, I know this is irrelevant to some degree but if dealers KNEW we could go elsewhere, KNEW we discussed better deals and KNEW we would walk if we did not get them, that list price would look more like the dealers phone number then the price you are gonna pay!

BTW, I had an old Lada estate... Always got you there and although many people s******ed at first, whey usually become more endeared to the car when they realised how well it went, how much load it could swallow and how cheap it was to buy and run! The Fabia is my first Skoda and most likely my last, not due to any faults etc but that I too, baulk at the prices they are now asking! I think I am looking toward KIA next time rond as they at least back up their (Also increasing) Prices with a 7 year warranty!

Not even the mighty Toyota do that!!!

2 hours ago, mrgf said:

Whilst I in no way could actually AFFORD this car, I notice everyone saying they paid less then the list price for what they ARE driving but no-one dared put up this discount. This would actually be really handy as, if each of us knew just how far a dealer will go to lower and sell a car, the better the deal will become for everyone.  I had my (59) Fabia Greenline, from new, back in 2009 and with options of metallic black paint, ESP, Climatronic Air-con and a few other little things I have forgotten about. I paid about 11K for it if memory serves, which was lower then the standard price, without the options. Oh, and they threw- in duel control pedals, too. I also gained 20% discount on parts and accessories, along with servicing.  I went forward and back, to Trans-city Skoda, in Walthamstow and Preston Skoda, in Forest Gate (Now, sadly defunct). I beieve I got the best deal I could at the time, along with a fairly low finance deal, that beat most loans etc out there!

Now, I know this is irrelevant to some degree but if dealers KNEW we could go elsewhere, KNEW we discussed better deals and KNEW we would walk if we did not get them, that list price would look more like the dealers phone number then the price you are gonna pay!

Go on CarWow. There is no obligation to buy and you can get an idea of what discounts are out there at named dealers. Only problem is you can't order a petrol VRS in the UK currently so you might not be able to get a quote.

Generally however the VRS gets about the same level of discount as the other Octavias when I've been looking.

The situation is a bit up in the air as you can't currently place a factory order, so dealers may be sticking out for a premium on the last few unregistered stock cars, but that's based simply on the law of supply and demand. As far as I know nobody in this thread has been refused a discount on the car in question at the top of this thread.  

I ended up buying my Octavia from a dealer 90 miles away, I didn't even bother trying to get my local dealer to price match. 

3 hours ago, Mada said:

My lease costs me £6k over 2 years and you would lose more than that the second you drive it out of the showroom.

Yes but lets face it I'm no more going to sell my car the second I drive it out of the showroom than you are going to hand your lease car back and pay £1000s to get out of your leasing contract, so its a little bit swings and roundabouts.

I must admit however those lease payments do seem a steal....the lease company have got to be looking to get about £20K for a two year old car on that basis to make a profit, which seems a lot at auction/trade prices.  

7 hours ago, mrgf said:

I notice everyone saying they paid less then the list price for what they ARE driving but no-one dared put up this discount. This would actually be really handy as, if each of us knew just how far a dealer will go to lower and sell a car, the better the deal will become for everyone.

The best I could get my local dealer to offer was 10% off list. I think I got offers for something like 15% off list through sites such as Carwow. I actually bought from buyanewcaronline.co.uk who had prices on their website with 20% off list and included mats and mudflaps. At the time Skoda were offering several optional extras as standard too, so I reckon I got a pretty good deal.

Our Yeti lease was £2k deposit and 23x £99 including all fees so £2140 a year. A cheap way to run a new car.

I bought a new Passat in 2010 for £23k and got £5k for it 6 years later. So £3k a year and that doesn't include the extra costs of running an older high mileage car in years 3 to 6.

Then I've PCP'd a new BMW and bought nearly new and used.

I think the point of all this is there isn't a right and a wrong way, every deal is different and everyone's financial situation and priorities are different.

But investigate every option yourself and don't let dealers talk you into what is best for them.

Lee