MK1 Fabia Sat-Nav

Hi, I've recently purchased a 1.9L MK1 Fabia. I was wondering if anyone has fitted their own radio into one? I've been looking on ebay and found quite a few but they all say they're for the MK2 Fabia. I want a touchscreen Sat-Nav with radio and bluetooth/ Apple play so I can stream my music through it.

Any help would be amazing!

You can fit a full size double-din unit in it, it's simple to do, just remove the existing radio and the drawer or try under it and hey presto! A double-din sized hole for your fragile ego.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yaris said:

That would be great thanks! I didn't want to buy one and find it doesn't fit :laugh:

The unit also has a cable for music transfer. Much better quality than bluetooth.

You'll also need Radio Facia Adaptor (6Y0857231B41) which is £5 posted from skodaparts.co.uk

IMG_20180503_123814.jpg

Edited by Yaris

On 03/05/2018 at 12:47, Yaris said:

The unit also has a cable for music transfer. Much better quality than bluetooth.

You'll also need Radio Facia Adaptor (6Y0857231B41) which is £5 posted from skodaparts.co.uk

IMG_20180503_123814.jpg

Thanks ordered mine today should be turning up tomorrow! I’ll let you know how the install goes!

Adding my 2 cents as I also have a mk1 fabia vRS and would like a headunit that can link to my phone/use google maps instead of having to have my phone mounted and plugged in to charge (to prevent it dying)

Using the link above it takes me to a page saying that the product is not found, looking for something that would be simple to fit (although I will still get a garage to do this for me)

Having just fitted a similar unit to my Bora (not my fab) I found a problem with google maps. To work well it needs a phone or wifi connection. It does have an offline mode where you can download maps to use but they only last for a month and are of limited area. Ongoing hassle or always link the phone. Silly having to link the phone when it has google maps on it anyway and one intention of fitting the head unit was to have a standalone device that did radio, front and rear cameras, satnav, DVD player, reversing camera and any other apps I might want.  I couldn't get it to work well and ended up downloading sygic which is free and so far working well.

Sorry I haven’t responded earlier, the fit was super easy (especially considering it was the first time I’ve swapped a radio) Thanks for the recommendation 

8 hours ago, mcornall said:

Adding my 2 cents as I also have a mk1 fabia vRS and would like a headunit that can link to my phone/use google maps instead of having to have my phone mounted and plugged in to charge (to prevent it dying)

Using the link above it takes me to a page saying that the product is not found, looking for something that would be simple to fit (although I will still get a garage to do this for me)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LY8222N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_D47-AbQBFE0NG

I got mine off Amazon, a bit cheaper and arrived the next day :biggrin:

• Like 1

Been playing around with this in haldfords a bit today but looking at the amazon reviews I have a couple of questions regarding this

1) Does it have DAB Radio/can it receive radio or would you have to stream using spotify/google play etc

2) How do you connect the cable into it for your phone? (I have a pixel 2 XL - USB Type C port, and also an iphone for my work phone - Lightning connector) If I wanted to swap between android auto/car play would this be possible, or does the cable have to be basically permanently inserted into the unit (ie: I don't want to have to remove trim to change phones if I need to)

3) I can't see if it supports a reversing camera, I was looking at another unit that did but won't fit into the mk1 fabia due to screwing in instead of clipping so was interested in seeing if I could get one of those as well to link in, are there any pictures of the back/documentation about this that came with the product?

edit:

4) Can it play radio and use google maps simultaneously?

edit2:

found a manual online and looked on the sony website and youtube review of the unit, answer to question 3 is it does support a reversing camera

Edited by mcornall

2 hours ago, mcornall said:

Been playing around with this in haldfords a bit today but looking at the amazon reviews I have a couple of questions regarding this

1) Does it have DAB Radio/can it receive radio or would you have to stream using spotify/google play etc

2) How do you connect the cable into it for your phone? (I have a pixel 2 XL - USB Type C port, and also an iphone for my work phone - Lightning connector) If I wanted to swap between android auto/car play would this be possible, or does the cable have to be basically permanently inserted into the unit (ie: I don't want to have to remove trim to change phones if I need to)

3) I can't see if it supports a reversing camera, I was looking at another unit that did but won't fit into the mk1 fabia due to screwing in instead of clipping so was interested in seeing if I could get one of those as well to link in, are there any pictures of the back/documentation about this that came with the product?

edit:

4) Can it play radio and use google maps simultaneously?

edit2:

found a manual online and looked on the sony website and youtube review of the unit, answer to question 3 is it does support a reversing camera

No DAB option

Cable has female USB ending, to which you connect the appropriate adapter. Easy to swap between USB C for me and Micro USB for the Mrs

Radio will still play when you swap to GPS

Edited by Yaris
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Yaris said:

No DAB option

Cable has female USB ending, to which you connect the appropriate adapter. Easy to swap between USB C for me and Micro USB for the Mrs

Radio will still play when you swap to GPS

That sounds pretty ideal

Thank you very much sir!

I presume the USB connector would just slot out under the trim near the ash tray (money holder in my case) and the other little storage area then

17 minutes ago, mcornall said:

That sounds pretty ideal

Thank you very much sir!

I presume the USB connector would just slot out under the trim near the ash tray (money holder in my case) and the other little storage area then

It's a good length so wherever you like. 

• 1 year later...

I bought an aftermarket stereo that fits my skoda fabia mk1 everything is woking but it is getting extremly hot you cant even touch it. I did yellow to yellow .. red to red ... black to black..   have i connected something wrong ? i think its when i try to turn on music then it start to get extremly hot. Becuse if i just start the car and dont touch the stereo then it doesnt becom hot.