Octavia 3 FL (MY2018) mods

Hi,

Just received my OBDEeven dongle and tried a fiew mods on the car.

What I managed to enable was:

Gauge needle sweep at startup
Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count - 5 FLASHES
Disable auto start/stop system (method A) -  (12.0V LIMIT) from (7.6V LIMIT)
Disabled Headlight Washer 
Heated seats memory
Lap Timer
Air recirculation memory
ESC- ASR off/ESC sport
Refuel quantity in dashboard
Fan Speed in Auto AirCon

I also want to enable the 3 below, but I did not found anyware 100% information what this will work on O3FL.
Left cornering light (using fog light)
Right cornering light (using fog light)
Enable second rear fog light

Did anyone tried to perform these adaptations?  I don't want to be a beta tester on the car :)
Also is there anything else that is worth enabling in O3FL and we know it works?

Thanks.

Unfortunately I do not have Lane assist to enable this. But at least I was inspired to order High Beam Assist from factory. Otherwise these were the first on my list :)

• Like 1

Probably a bit niche, but I also changed my sunroof to slide on comfort opening.

Enabled Driving School mode; Off-road mode; ATA warning and some of those you've already done (the vRS comes with some of them out of the factory)

I’ve got the corenering fog lights activated and the second rear fog light. If I remember I’ll look up the coding (I’m sure I’ve actually posted it in the OBDeleven thread). 

Ive also done:

- rear lights on with DRLs

- ‘Eye Lashes’ on with DRLs 

- Changed the coming home/leaving home lights from main beam to fog lights

- I didn’t deactivate the headlight washers but changed the settings so a 2 second hold of the windscreen washers is required to activate them

12 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

I’ve got the corenering fog lights activated and the second rear fog light. If I remember I’ll look up the coding (I’m sure I’ve actually posted it in the OBDeleven thread). 

Ive also done:

- rear lights on with DRLs

- ‘Eye Lashes’ on with DRLs 

- Changed the coming home/leaving home lights from main beam to fog lights

- I didn’t deactivate the headlight washers but changed the settings so a 2 second hold of the windscreen washers is required to activate them

Please share the fog light settings if you have them somewhere :D

Also I'm interested in how you've done headlight washers activation on a 2 second hold of the windscreen washers. This way the option is still enabled, but I can activate it only on demand, and still be able to clean the windscreen.

Hi this is the coding I did for the rear fogs...

Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

(4)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26
Set to "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt"

(4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27
Set to "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt"

change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB 26 from 0 to 100

change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lasttyp 26 to "32 allgemeine LED bis 12W" and the near side fog will work.

Edited by Edz_VRS
duplication

On 04/05/2018 at 12:31, ccosmin said:

Hi,

Just received my OBDEeven dongle and tried a fiew mods on the car.

What I managed to enable was:

Gauge needle sweep at startup
Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count - 5 FLASHES
Disable auto start/stop system (method A) -  (12.0V LIMIT) from (7.6V LIMIT)
Disabled Headlight Washer 
Heated seats memory
Lap Timer
Air recirculation memory
ESC- ASR off/ESC sport
Refuel quantity in dashboard
Fan Speed in Auto AirCon

I also want to enable the 3 below, but I did not found anyware 100% information what this will work on O3FL.
Left cornering light (using fog light)
Right cornering light (using fog light)
Enable second rear fog light

Did anyone tried to perform these adaptations?  I don't want to be a beta tester on the car :)
Also is there anything else that is worth enabling in O3FL and we know it works?

Thanks.

I'm also wanting to enable the second rear fog light, so I'll be trying the above on my FL model. I'll  need to find out how to do the refuel quantity in the dash, this is on my to do list as well as the 2 second headlight washer adaptation. I had done this on my previous car, a 2015 Octavia SE L DSG Estate, but I've not tried the same adaptation as of yet on my FL model.

I have done the comfort blinker adaptation set now to 4, my OCD won't permit 3 or 5 :dull: I've also done the heated seat memory.

As I have led lights, I'm wondering if the Audi blinker 'sweep' can be set? I know I have seen a post regarding the drl-blinker adaptation, but I'm not sure if it is one in the same or the drl, blinker, drl etc?

To be honest refuel quantity it’s useless as it shows with a precision of 5 liters. It was saying that I need to fill 40 l and at the gas station I put 48. Useless. 

Refuel quantity I enables with Carista app. 

Edited by ccosmin
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ccosmin said:

To be honest refuel quantity it’s useless as it shows with a precision of 5 liters. It was saying that I need to fill 40 l and at the gas station I put 48. Useless. 

Refuel quantity I enables with Carista app. 

Cheers ccosmin I may scrap that one then :thumbup:

When I fill up nowadays, I always brim the tank cos this 2.0 TDI is no way near as frugal on juice as the previous 1.6 TDI it has replaced and doing about 500 miles a week, it all adds up.

38 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm also wanting to enable the second rear fog light, so I'll be trying the above on my FL model. I'll  need to find out how to do the refuel quantity in the dash, this is on my to do list as well as the 2 second headlight washer adaptation. I had done this on my previous car, a 2015 Octavia SE L DSG Estate, but I've not tried the same adaptation as of yet on my FL model.

I have done the comfort blinker adaptation set now to 4, my OCD won't permit 3 or 5 :dull: I've also done the heated seat memory.

As I have led lights, I'm wondering if the Audi blinker 'sweep' can be set? I know I have seen a post regarding the drl-blinker adaptation, but I'm not sure if it is one in the same or the drl, blinker, drl etc?

You can’t get sweeping lights with coding. It’s a hardware functionality, not a software one. 

Tried to enable rear fog light (right one) without success. I got an warning stating to check the rear right fog light, but it did not light up.

10 - Adaptations

Set to "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt" already set 

Set to "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt" - DONE

change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB 26 from 0 to 127 - already set

change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lasttyp 26 to "32 allgemeine LED bis 12W"  - already set

change (6)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB 27 from 0 to 127 - DONE

change (6)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert-Lasttyp 27 to "32 allgemeine LED bis 12W" - DONE

Also tried to enable cornering fog light with the below settings, also did not work. They were not turning on when turning the steering wheel, with or without signal light.

Cornering Fog Light Activation
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
(5) Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B12 auswählen
Select:Abbiegelicht links
(5) Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B13 auswählen
Select:Abbiegelicht rechts

Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Edited by ccosmin

On 04/05/2018 at 12:31, ccosmin said:

ESC- ASR off/ESC sport

What is this? What does it do? Is it not the same as pressing and holding the traction control button? Or is that a vrs only thing??

2 hours ago, ccosmin said:

Tried to enable rear fog light (right one) without success. I got an warning stating to check the rear right fog light, but it did not light up.

10 - Adaptations

Set to "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt" already set 

Set to "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt" - DONE

change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB 26 from 0 to 127 - already set

change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lasttyp 26 to "32 allgemeine LED bis 12W"  - already set

change (6)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB 27 from 0 to 127 - DONE

change (6)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert-Lasttyp 27 to "32 allgemeine LED bis 12W" - DONE

Also tried to enable cornering fog light with the below settings, also did not work. They were not turning on when turning the steering wheel, with or without signal light.

Cornering Fog Light Activation
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
(5) Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B12 auswählen
Select:Abbiegelicht links
(5) Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B13 auswählen
Select:Abbiegelicht rechts

Any ideas what I have done wrong?

The other rear fog light may not actually have a bulb in, I know this happened before with another member on here?

8 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

The other rear fog light may not actually have a bulb in, I know this happened before with another member on here?

I also seem to remember this being the case as well. Not sure where in the world that was though. 

1 hour ago, JamiePvrs said:

ESC- ASR off/ESC sport

What is this? What does it do? Is it not the same as pressing and holding the traction control button? Or is that a vrs only thing??

This would be the option available in the VRS. Normal Octavia has only ASR off. You can code to add also ESC Sport. This limits the stabilization control, makes it more fun.

16 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:
25 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

I also seem to remember this being the case as well. Not sure where in the world that was though. 

Interesting. I have the TOP Rear led light. what modes have it and what models don't. Curios. I would expect for the top level read light to have everything.

10 hours ago, ccosmin said:

Interesting. I have the TOP Rear led light. what modes have it and what models don't. Curios. I would expect for the top level read light to have everything.

The centre rear BRAKE light has been mandatory for many, many years. This tweak is to enable the fog lights on both left & right rear clusters.

8 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

The centre rear BRAKE light has been mandatory for many, many years. This tweak is to enable the fog lights on both left & right rear clusters.

I think the poster means he has the “High Functionality” rear LEDs, as Skoda call them, as opposed to the high level rear brake light that you’re refering to. 

Edited by SC03OTT

53 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

I think the poster means he has the “High Functionality” rear LEDs, as Skoda call them, as opposed to the high level rear brake light that you’re refering to. 

Using the word "TOP" was confusing, at least for us oldies B)

no.. this is how it's was called the option for the rear light: 

LED rear light

TOP LED rear light + 150E  - opted for this :)

I will check the bulb see if it's there or not. I assume it's not.

What about the cornering fog ... any ideas why it dos not work? How can it be tested? anything special? Maybe was enabled correctly... but I did not test properly.

14 minutes ago, ccosmin said:

no.. this is how it's was called the option for the rear light: 

LED rear light

TOP LED rear light + 150E  - opted for this :)

I will check the bulb see if it's there or not. I assume it's not.

What about the cornering fog ... any ideas why it dos not work? How can it be tested? anything special? Maybe was enabled correctly... but I did not test properly.

Re cornering fogs - is there a speed threshold for them to work, e.g. will they only work above a certain speed, and/or with the headlights in 'auto'? (I don't use them myself as I don't like the look...)

I've seen a lot of youtube videos where they were testing them standing still. I know there is a threshold for high speed (will not work if more then 30mph). Did not find anything for low speed (above x mph to work)

13 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Re cornering fogs - is there a speed threshold for them to work, e.g. will they only work above a certain speed, and/or with the headlights in 'auto'? (I don't use them myself as I don't like the look...)

The coding for the FL cornering fogs is different to the pre-FL and has the added complication of having two possible coding options depending on how your car is initially setup. 

It is all in that excellent - German - online document which has an extensive coding guide. However, the last time I posted it the person who asked for it couldn’t be arsed to translate it for himself so I’ve never bothered posting it again. 

I followed the document and my cornering fogs work perfectly on my FL vRS.