Skoda Connect

des94

I have just signed up for skoda connect. Does anyone have any idea as to how much data it uses in a month? 

I have only 1gb per month on my sim card. Do I need to increase this. And thoughts will be appreciated.

SkodaConnect App on phone not working.

For those remotely interested I just signed up for SkodaConnect in the new Karoq, not because I particularly need it but because it was free for a year and frankly a toy to play with.
I bought a data only ‘3’ 1GB SIM for £10 lasting a month just to try it out.
Early days but it seems just that, a toy and not adding much over the stuff I get access to in the Columbus Nav system.
That’s where the real frustration starts...
Having registered for SkodaConnect I activated the system in the car using the PIN and registration codes provided.
I have connectivity from the vehicle to the Skoda servers proving access to the various information portals in Connect and limited connectivity to my phone.
I do NOT however have full connectivity to the vehicle via the SkodaConnect app on my iPhone6.
I have the screen (see pic) showing basic info on ‘Trip Planner’ and ‘Settings’ but it does not show the other Care Connect functions...status function updates, parking position, honk & flash (no really not needed!), etc, etc.
I know I have one year’s free access to this stuff, but could anyone tell me how to activate Remote Access/Care Connect?
I thought I had read all the instruction books, viewed all the on-line videos, but I just can’t find how to turn it on!
One key aspect which appears to be missing is in the Connect settings on the car Infotainment system where there appears not to be setting for ‘Care Connect’ to tick.
Maybe the software needs updating, but goodness knows how this is done.
I have written to [email protected] asking for advice.
So far no response.
I am loosing the will to live and at this point I will certainly not be buying another SIM beyond the end of the month in order to play with a toy which doesn’t seem to add anything significant nor work properly.
Especially not for £400 after the first free year!
(Sorry for the long explanation)

AB1D2F65-C74D-408A-914C-F2645D21267A.jpeg

Unless you bought the £400 care connect package you wont get all those functions like honk and flash.

You only get 1 year of infotainment online like the weather and news updates.

Thanks TheRoq.

Ah-ha...that’ll be it then. 

Have to admit either misled (or me misunderstanding of course) that it was all free for the first year.

Certainly won’t be taking the full package then.

Skoda Infoline replied, confirming TheRoq's earlier helpful response...

"In your car is services Infotainment online but not care connect. This is why you do not see this informations.

If you ordered a services CARE CONNECT please contact your dealer SKODA AUTO."

Short and sweet but clear. Certainly not worth £400!

Other manufacturers throw this in for free, but often you pay more for their cars.

Hope this info may be helpful to others, but case closed, as it were, from my point of view.

I have just recieved three strange Emails from Skoda Connect first two saying that my account for connect was successfully activated and the third saying my infotainment system as been restored to factory settings? The dealer activated the connect account when I took delivery over 2 weeks ago, so I’ve been out to the car and the infotainment is still set up the same as when I first took delivery.

1 hour ago, Karman said:

I have just recieved three strange Emails from Skoda Connect first two saying that my account for connect was successfully activated and the third saying my infotainment system as been restored to factory settings? The dealer activated the connect account when I took delivery over 2 weeks ago, so I’ve been out to the car and the infotainment is still set up the same as when I first took delivery.

I had the same emails Karman.  Don't know what that's all about, perhaps a glitch, but my connect is working as it was too. 

Mine has notifications set up so if I do happen to creep over 80mph I get a slap on the wrist.

It seems there has been an error in the translation from kph to mph. 80mph is 128kph for reference.

Screenshot_20180507-090402.thumb.png.5596c950c1d2986511ae86e969cdfe17.png

Hi guys, I just received my new Skoda Octavia vRS and I noticed that my Skoda Connect is displaying limited options (Basically just trip planner), where others allow options such my last parked location, activating car horn remotely etc. I understood, that's probably because I have "only" Amundsen infotainment and these options are for Columbus. My question is - is it possible to somehow enable these functions? Other than replace glovebox device with one you can insert sim card in it? 

Thanks. 

Hi Schrapnel,

As I have learned recently, here in the UK, you have to pay a lot (£400) for the Care Connect package with last parked location, activating car horn remotely etc.

Not remotely (excuse the pun) worth it.

• Like 1