Rattle/vibration identification

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to trying to get this fixed. Dealer tech has now heard it, and booked in to be looked at/fixed next week, but they had not come across it before.

ChrisJ944 Mark3538 Can you give me any more details? Which dealers did you use? (as mine could ring them to find out what they did) Would help if the fuel line issue had a reference number of any kind you know of?

Thanks 

On 06/07/2018 at 10:47, penguin17 said:

Check the latch/catch itself.  I had a rattle with the seats up on my Leon ST.  I cured it by wrapping some self-adhesive felt around the latch so there wasn't two metal surfaces in contact, with the seats up.  

Sorted - applied a small dose grease to the catch mechanism, and it has been quiet ever since !

20180814_161229.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BenSh said:

Finally got around to trying to get this fixed. Dealer tech has now heard it, and booked in to be looked at/fixed next week, but they had not come across it before.

ChrisJ944 Mark3538 Can you give me any more details? Which dealers did you use? (as mine could ring them to find out what they did) Would help if the fuel line issue had a reference number of any kind you know of?

Thanks 

Morning BenSH,

I have checked the invoice which states 'Confirmed fault on inspection. Removed O/S under trim of vehicle to find fuel lines touching the body of the car and vibrating. Supplied and fitted new modified pipes. Tested all ok'.  

Unfortunately, there is no part reference.  The dealer I used was Startin Skoda in Powick, Worcester who can be contacted on 01905 830361. To be fair they identified the source of the vibration very quickly although it took another couple of months to get the modified part shipped over, which they tell me is a rubber coated fuel line.

If your dealer rings them and they need to refresh their memory, the job number on my invoice is 68524 with W.I.P. No. 53802 (whatever that is).

I can confirm that the irritating vibration has gone.

Regards, Mark.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update, for others info. They had it in and it IS the fuel pipes vibration as suspected on here. A possible fix was done and seem to be working) but they wanted to get Skoda to confirm the finsl fix but they had not done so in the time the car was in. Been a week since then and I have asked for an update.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to complete this thread with final status (hopefully)

The fix is still working, and Skoda tech said they had not had this issue before and the fix done by garage was approved, so did not have to go back. I am assuming that my car did not have the same issue as others )I think the fuel lines were already 'rubber' covered correctly but is similar as it was the fuel lines causing the issue.

Fingers crossed the fix is good enough, but see no reason to doubt it currently.

• Like 2

@BenSh what were the symptoms of the fuel line vibration, please? 

I have a vibration that seems to be coming from the lower door/sills at 18-22k revs but it’s intermittent and can disappear after stopping/starting the engine. It’s quite a hollow, high pitched vibration which I initially thought could be the glass. 

It it really doesn’t sound like it’s coming from the door/door trim. 

Sounds similar. Mine normally sounded like it came from the driver side mid pillar but it really comes from below and sound resonates up the pillar. Happened very intermittently but did mostly stop with turning off engine and did not always appear next time it was turned on. Revs was 16-20k when it occurred. Did not sound like from door but behind that in pillar. Engineer heard it well when in back of car.

9 hours ago, BenSh said:

Sounds similar. Mine normally sounded like it came from the driver side mid pillar but it really comes from below and sound resonates up the pillar. Happened very intermittently but did mostly stop with turning off engine and did not always appear next time it was turned on. Revs was 16-20k when it occurred. Did not sound like from door but behind that in pillar. Engineer heard it well when in back of car.

Thanks. Sounds very similar. On my phone at the mo, so can’t see your car details; is your Superb petrol or diesel? 

Edit: never mind I see you’re in a 220 TSI. 

Edited by penguin17

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

I had exactly the same issue on My Superb M3 L&K Petrol (reg. Jul 2018).

The dealer found that the fuel lines had crossed causing the vibration at about 2200 revs (car either stationery or in motion).

They probably got dislodges after hitting a large bump/pot hole on the road.

They put some sponges around the fuel lines and this fixed the problem.