Blue marks on inside of windscreen

Madasaskaven

Well I thought I’d noticed these a day or two after I picked up my car, but dismissed it as perhaps a bit of crud on the windscreen.  I’ve been out again cleaning the windscreen and as soon as I spray my windscreen with cleaner they appear as if by magic.  Anyone any ideas, how the hell 8 get rid of them permanently.  Just one more thing with the catalog of issues since I got my car.   

I vape and have struggled with keeping the screen clean until I was recommended autoglym car glass polish, easy to use and the best glass cleaner I have used.

20180505_103145.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Madasaskaven said:

Well I thought I’d noticed these a day or two after I picked up my car, but dismissed it as perhaps a bit of crud on the windscreen.  I’ve been out again cleaning the windscreen and as soon as I spray my windscreen with cleaner they appear as if by magic.  Anyone any ideas, how the hell 8 get rid of them permanently.  Just one more thing with the catalog of issues since I got my car.   

Could be residue from the vehicle stickers when delivered from the factory. Had it on my previous two new cars. Goes away after a while, weather and cleaning teh vehicle etc.

Thanks, I visited DMK today to show them, I demonstrated using Auto Glym glass cleaner that it wouldn't remove the marks. They said that the prep shop would have alook at it on Tuesday, if they can't fix it I have asked that the windscreen be replaced under warranty. 

When ever the weather is cold, damp or a frosty morning I get this Get this Image the inside of my windscreen, top left. I've tried every thing under the sun to remove it, but It won't budge

It's now a talking point

IMG_1220.JPG.95a2ba755a25fe4f765f53d33f9327d9.JPG

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

4 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

When ever the weather is cold, damp or a frosty morning I get this Get this Image the inside of my windscreen, top left. I've tried every thing under the sun to remove it, but It won't budge

It's now a talking point

IMG_1220.JPG.95a2ba755a25fe4f765f53d33f9327d9.JPG

Auric try electrical cleaner. Then ammonia based glass cleaner (the smellier the better) that should remove it

• Thanks 1

heres what it looks like. This is what happens each and every time I spray any kind of cleaner on the inside of the window to clean it. 

windscreen.jpg

Edited by Madasaskaven

Hi guys.  Just an update.  Been back to the dealers who tried to polish out and failed.  As I indicated it would. I was looks that someone was there who deals with warranty claims, who agreed that it requires replacing.  So new window on order, who knows when it will arrive, but I’m happy with that.  Only issue is once it arrives they are going to want my car for two days.  Apparently if you have lane assist it has to be recalculated to the new windscreen.  Now that’s something I didn’t know.  

20 minutes ago, Madasaskaven said:

Hi guys.  Just an update.  Been back to the dealers who tried to polish out and failed.  As I indicated it would. I was looks that someone was there who deals with warranty claims, who agreed that it requires replacing.  So new window on order, who knows when it will arrive, but I’m happy with that.  Only issue is once it arrives they are going to want my car for two days.  Apparently if you have lane assist it has to be recalculated to the new windscreen.  Now that’s something I didn’t know.  

Thats around £450 then there's the price of the windscreen................not cheap

14 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Thats around £450 then there's the price of the windscreen................not cheap

No wonder insurance companies are limiting their liability by setting excesses etc. for windscreens.