Sportline order gone wrong !

1 hour ago, skidpan said:

Why do some see driving a new car as being such a chore. Since the early 80's I have driven all my new cars from day one exactly as I have for the remainder of their lives

Skoda say "During the first 1,000 km, the engine should not be charged with more than 3/4 of the maximum permitted engine revs"

What is so hard about that. In normal use driving my 1.4 TSi at normal road speed overtaking where necessary there is no need to go over 4500 rpm (3/4 of max). If you do stray over 4500 for a few seconds its not going to kill the engine stone dead.

What will potentially cause issues for an engine over the long term is babying it too much and allowing the bores to glaze and driving at a constant speed on the motorway, the bedding in process requires the revs to vary.

Its a car not a new born baby. Treat it like a mechanical object because that is exactly what it is.

Thank you for that patronising and totally unecessary reply. I am fully aware of what Skoda say, and I've read the long treatise on Tsi engines on this site. I am also not an idiot and have plenty of mechanical sympathy, which is why for the first 1000 miles I took it easy until the engine oil was warm, made sure I was using 3/4 of the rev range  once it was warm and didn't dwell at constant revs. You are right, most of the time that is just 'normal driving' for most people but its also what I would describe as 'running in'. My comment was at least partly humorous, but to really unleash the beast in a 280 then you'll need to see the wrong side of 4500rpm for more than a few seconds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, edwards said:

Thank you for that patronising and totally unecessary reply. 

What a [removed].

There is so much nonsense on forums I decided to post some facts and deem it to be unnecessary, some may find it useful.

Have a nice life.

Edited by john999boy
  • Sad 2

Of course it'll have a GPF fitted then and will have the exhaust note of a wet fart and one and a bit seconds added to the 0-60 time, CO2 revised up by 20% and the dealer will try to charge you the extra VED.

:laugh: Only joking.......

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack on my first proper post,  but on your sportline plus was there and option of led headlights for the MY19 edition? (Like the digital dash) It's the last thing to tick off my list before trying to get an order in. Cheers. 

4 hours ago, DjEatch said:

Sorry to hijack on my first proper post,  but on your sportline plus was there and option of led headlights for the MY19 edition? (Like the digital dash) It's the last thing to tick off my list before trying to get an order in. Cheers. 

the Superb will not be gaining LED headlights in MY19.

4 hours ago, JR RS said:

the Superb will not be gaining LED headlights in MY19.

Cheers.  :crying: might have to keep looking for now then. Only the golf r estate left on the shortlist at the moment.

14 hours ago, DjEatch said:

Cheers.  :crying: might have to keep looking for now then. Only the golf r estate left on the shortlist at the moment.

Don't get it. At least with xenon you can change a faulty bulb without replacing the whole headlight.

can you do that with LED lights?

36 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Don't get it. At least with xenon you can change a faulty bulb without replacing the whole headlight.

can you do that with LED lights?

That's true, when one of the Cupra LEDs went we had the whole thing replaced (under warranty).

I guess my worry is more the AFS mechanicals rather the actual illumination properties. - I know there's auto levelling mechanicals in the LEDs - and again i'm guessing that's all covered by warranty too.... (it's probably more irrational than anything substantial :-))

Although it would feel like a backwards step as out last 3 cars have been full LED. That...and i'm not sure it'll handle as well in the corners at the Cupra of the Golf R - but I digress...

• 1 month later...

At last some good news on my order.

The car has been built and is on it's way via Emden and Grimsby.

Hopefully it should be with me in a couple of weeks.

Already received my SuperSkoda delivery of mats, cargo floor mat , tunnel cover and mud flaps.

Getting excited.

• Like 2