Octavia featured on Car Throttle!!!!

Just watched that and came here afterwards - I couldn't help but laugh when he said only one window worked - after replacing the mechanism in two of mine :D

Makes me feel happier in the knowledge that my 123k mile vRS hopefully has a fair bit more life left in it :)

Now that's a solid mileage! Spoiler alert for anyone reading this before watching the video but original shocks after 430,000 miles... :o You hear people claiming wild commutes but if that chap drove from Oxford to Liverpool most days no wonder it's clocked up so many miles! :o Let's hope it's given the attention it deserves...and not killed in any way shape or form! :D

Ledge. 

Ilove how every time one of these massive miler mk1s turns up (bangernomics did one with 500k that skoda ireland bought back and were giving to car journalists to test drive to showcase the longevity of the product) its always got the boot hatch trim in the boot, because its fallen off. Never an original headunit. At least one broken window or lock. And i bet his centre cup holder and ashtray lid are both busted too :D

I really find the shocks being original a surprise. Though it was 350miles if mostly motorway plod, its possible i suppose. It was the amount of time donkeying up and down backroads and farm passages killed my suspension.

• 1 month later...

Can't believe the amount of work they've put into that car now, full new vRS interior, new paint and other little goodies. I'd be surprised if that car doesn't see 750k or even a million if someone looks after it.

Not quite as shiny as I was expecting, actually, but did enjoy the Top Gear style beauty shots at the end!!

I wonder if Wrench Studios will offer a Briskoda discount...?

Just watched the last episode of the little series they had going on, the previous owner was gobsmacked! I thought they were going to sell it back to him but who knows what's going to happen to Miles now. I'm also amazed at the amount of work that went in to the "restoration". I wish I could have my window regulators fixed for free! :D

• Like 1

• 2 years later...