Rust on an engine of less then three years old?

Last weekend I tried to clean the engine with compressed air, because it was full of white spots, like corrosion, I believe from the chemicals used on the roads in winter, but I had the surprise to discover some places with rust, and most worries me that I found at the injectors.

It is normal? If isn't, what can I do?

Here are some pictures.

motor.JPG

conducta detaliu.JPG

cleme.JPG

injectoare.JPG

injectoare detaliu.JPG

• Like 1

Most injector housings I've seen look like that after a few winters.

I recommend you degrease it and clean it best you can then spray it over with ACF-50 to protect it.  You can spray it over everything, electric, hoses etc etc.  It's used for boats/planes that are used at sea, I use it on my motorbike and it inhibits corrosion and stops the salt ruining your bike.

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/

Edited by buaan
  • Like 1

Welcome.

Do they use chemicals on the roads in Romania other than Salt / Sodium, and is it the same issue with others vehicles?

?

Have you had the car from new so know that no chemicals were used early in the cars life cleaning under the bonnet?

Meaning that the protective coating were removed.

Edited by Offski

@buaan: Thank you for the recommendation. I will try to find it in Romania (ACF-50), but I'm not sure how to degrease without using water, and that I want to avoid.

@Offski: I bought the car half a year ago from Germany, with 190k km, so I do not know much about her history.

The white spots on alloy material is normal. It's actually a normal property of alloy material to lay down a fluffy deposit to protect itself. As for other rust, at least it means you don't have any oil leaks. :D

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

3 hours ago, Logicon said:

@buaan: Thank you for the recommendation. I will try to find it in Romania (ACF-50), but I'm not sure how to degrease without using water, and that I want to avoid.

@Offski: I bought the car half a year ago from Germany, with 190k km, so I do not know much about her history.

190k km? And 'only' that much rust? I wouldn't be worried...

• Like 1