Blind spot functionality

Hi all,

Anyone know exactly what the blind spot functionality is? I had a orange warning and it went back to the garage to fix. However I still don't think it is working correctly.

Should you get a warning every time you pass something on the passenger side? Been down the motorway today and it has basically ignored every lorry I have passed and only lighted up for a few cars/vans.

Wondering if it will only light up on passenger side when someone is coming up past me or should it still work when I'm passing/next to someone

Thanks

One of my few cribs with my Octavia is the blind spot, which is not good on motorways. Is the blind spot functionality standard or an optional extra. I guess the latter because I can't find it in the Driver Assistance menu.

Why do you want blind spot operational on your nearside?  It does work tho. Coming off a large roundabout, the road markings placed me in the right hand lane of a dual carriageway. Once the lane guide markings stopped I indicated to move in to the left lane, then noticed the orange symbol flash as some young ***** in his go-faster-stripe Fiesta under took me. But that was a car passing me on the inside - not me overtaking a car.  Must admit I haven't actually looked if it works or not but curious as to why would you want blind spot to illuminate when you've just overtaken? Presumably you saw the vehicle?

Just wanted to understand how it worked. Was worried when they fixed it last week it was still playing up.

I've overtaken things on the motorway before and it has lit up. But was ignoring trucks the other day.

Just wanted to know if it should light up when there is a car/truck on my passenger side until I had passed and it was clear for me to pull back in.

Basically it has lit up and it hasn't when overtaking. Wanted to know which is the official view on how it works!

Either I've got amazing peripheral vision (unlikely considering i'm blind as a bat without my glasses) or I set my mirrors up strangely compared with everyone else. In pretty much every car I've owned/driven, I can see the car next to me when it stops appearing in my mirrors (motorbikes sometimes disappear but i just don't change course til I can see them, I have a couple of biker friends and the though of them riding makes me paranoid around all bikes, which is a good thing).  How does everyone else set their mirrors up.

On 5/19/2018 at 09:42, vade said:

One of my few cribs with my Octavia is the blind spot, which is not good on motorways. Is the blind spot functionality standard or an optional extra. I guess the latter because I can't find it in the Driver Assistance menu.

Agree - the blind spot on the drivers side is awful.  shortly after buying it i had a 'close call' as did my wife a few weeks later).

On 5/21/2018 at 09:03, Robbijay said:

Either I've got amazing peripheral vision (unlikely considering i'm blind as a bat without my glasses) or I set my mirrors up strangely compared with everyone else. In pretty much every car I've owned/driven, I can see the car next to me when it stops appearing in my mirrors (motorbikes sometimes disappear but i just don't change course til I can see them, I have a couple of biker friends and the though of them riding makes me paranoid around all bikes, which is a good thing).  How does everyone else set their mirrors up.

Unsure if your is like mine which has dim dip exterior mirrors - They dont have the (what I would assume to be normal) built in blind spot mirror on the edge of the glass - unless you don't get it on Oct 3's - I've had them on almost every car I've owned.  I can look in rear view mirror and side mirror and nothing shows, look over my shoulder and there is a car there.  I remember reading reviews for the Scout before I brought it and many articles said the exterior mirrors are too small.  In reality the mirrors are big, but the way they are designed leaves you with only a small glass area,

27 minutes ago, ScoutCJB said:

Agree - the blind spot on the drivers side is awful.  shortly after buying it i had a 'close call' as did my wife a few weeks later).

Unsure if your is like mine which has dim dip exterior mirrors - They dont have the (what I would assume to be normal) built in blind spot mirror on the edge of the glass - unless you don't get it on Oct 3's - I've had them on almost every car I've owned.  I can look in rear view mirror and side mirror and nothing shows, look over my shoulder and there is a car there.  I remember reading reviews for the Scout before I brought it and many articles said the exterior mirrors are too small.  In reality the mirrors are big, but the way they are designed leaves you with only a small glass area,

I do have dim/dip yeah. Howver I was thinking about this while driving to work this morning in lane 1 of the motorway and I could clearly see a car approaching in lane 3 until it was almost upon me. Anything in lane 2 would be in my peripheral vision before leaving the mirror.