Plastic boot trim, possible leak?

I've just bought a 2010 Superb estate in full Elegance trim, 170CR 4x4 this week and pretty damn happy about the upgrade from my 2006 Octavia!   

I've just noticed while cleaning the car, that the plastic trim inside the boot lid gutter, beside the lights is not fixed to the metal completely on one side..... is this a potential leak problem?  If so what would be the best method to fix it?

IMG_6806

IMG_6805

• Like 1

4 hours ago, superbdreams said:

clean it and run a small bead of clear sanitary silicon along the gap

And keep your fingers crossed that one of the tail sidelights don't fail within a week or two (usually something like that happens when you try to do such things) ... :D

• Like 1

As above, this panel requires removing to access torx screws for removal of rear light clusters. 

There is a little metal "hooky-pully' thing in with your spare wheel/jack/towing eye specifically for removing this trim.

It's painted underneath and moisture most likely drains out of the bottom of the light cluster.

6 hours ago, Jonny5ive said:

As above, this panel requires removing to access torx screws for removal of rear light clusters. 

There is a little metal "hooky-pully' thing in with your spare wheel/jack/towing eye specifically for removing this trim.

It's painted underneath and moisture most likely drains out of the bottom of the light cluster.

Yeah ok, I might pull it off and see what sort of state it's in under the plastic..... if everything is intact, and tidy I'll leave it be.

Thanks.