Lurker now registered...

SilverBandit

Hi all,

I have been lurking for a few weeks and am now the proud owner of a plain white Octavia 1.8T 4X4 Estate. It's been debadged and feels bloody quick so I'm guessing it's been "breathed on" by someone (possibly the factory?) , 'though there are no material changes that I can find. The first owners were a private ambulance firm so I they will probably know what's been done.

I am considering taking a trip down to Peterborough to see the guys at Jabba to find out exactly what it's putting out. I'm fairly sure it's more than 180 coz it felt far quicker than the two vRS's I test drove the same day that I chose this one (if only they did the vRS in 4WD...)

I've so far used this forum to find out about Jabba and VAGparts and have ordered a sunglasses holder and changed the plain tray in the console for one with two cup-holders. I've also saved some loose change by finding the details on how to show "true" speed on the aircon display - there are people on ebay paying for that info!

What a great place!

Gerrard

• 3 weeks later...