Not another Meteor grey!! - Sportline 2.0T DSG Combi

I really like the look of it. Together with the 9.2" buttonless infotainment it really lifts the cabin - if we're being honest mine does look dated by comparison. What I don't get is why it isn't offered as an option on other models. I'd assumed previously that Skoda had just one interior pack so it was hobson's choice. Is the Sportline built on a different assembly line? I kind of understand it might be a differentiation / selling point for the Sportline, but I don't see Sportline and L&K (for example) being competitors, and unless the headlining doesn't fit the other models it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

Yeah, there is nothing to change on the sportline spec.. it comes comes as is.. seats, headlining, dash colour etc.. it is a lot of black but with the size of the car it gets away with it..

22 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

I really like the look of it. Together with the 9.2" buttonless infotainment it really lifts the cabin - if we're being honest mine does look dated by comparison. What I don't get is why it isn't offered as an option on other models. I'd assumed previously that Skoda had just one interior pack so it was hobson's choice. Is the Sportline built on a different assembly line? I kind of understand it might be a differentiation / selling point for the Sportline, but I don't see Sportline and L&K (for example) being competitors, and unless the headlining doesn't fit the other models it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

Likely a pure ‘it looks sporty’ decision by Škoda. Other marques do the same thing.  

IIRC black headlining was also exclusive to vRS Fabia and Octavia’s too, so perhaps Škoda carried it over to the Sportline to be in keeping with the sports orientated badge. 

Do the Monte Carlo editions also get this treatment? 

I borrowed VCDS from my brother, so I have just been out and enabled the following:

Audi throttle response- both in engine module and steering module

Enabled refuelling quantity in maxidot

Disabled beep when opening tailgate from inside or with remote

All worked fine.. I took the car for a quick spin and definitely think the throttle has changed a bit for the better.. I have a bit of driving to do tomorrow so confirm then.

Is there anything else worth doing with VCDS??

Edited by technics100

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:04, freelunch said:

They've changed the style of the headrests, but they still look fixed. Also, I'm intrigued by what looks like part of a mirror-less camera with interchangeable lenses? They are nice photos.

VRS245 seats look much nicer than the plain ones in Superb Sportlines IMHO.:blink:

On 6/27/2018 at 07:10, davyg said:

Tried the throttle mod with obd11 and couldn't get it to change. Waiting to see if lane assist and high beam assist can be enabled with the tsr.

Same here.  I'm going to err on the side of caution and get it looked at by someone experienced, with VCDS.  Things change between manufacturing years and I'd rather trust Ross-Tech than the devs behind OBDEleven, when it comes to major changes. 

Check out the DTUK PedalBox. Really. It comes with a complete satisfaction or money back guarantee. Simple to plug in, simple to remove if not happy. You'll be happy, speaking as a very satisfied customer.

1 hour ago, freelunch said:

Check out the DTUK PedalBox. Really. It comes with a complete satisfaction or money back guarantee. Simple to plug in, simple to remove if not happy. You'll be happy, speaking as a very satisfied customer.

Had the Race Chip XLR.  Great bit of kit and a noticeable improvement.  I'll be getting another soon. 

I've had a look. Seems to be a similar product, i.e. improved and adjustable throttle control without modifying engine power. Just what the doctor ordered. I'm guessing your 280 is plenty powerful already! I have to be careful when I give it the beans, and I'm just the 220. I'm looking forward to a tyre change after the P7s are worn out to see if I can get a bit more traction from the front.

• 5 months later...
On 01/07/2018 at 23:05, technics100 said:

I took the Sportline down to a local VAG show this weekend.. 

20180630_gti_ni_castlewellan-1933-16.jpg

Also saw this..

20180630_gti_ni_castlewellan-1927-12.jpg

And then these.. Meteor / Nardo is the future..

20180630_gti_ni_castlewellan-1924-10.jpg

20180630_gti_ni_castlewellan-1956-31.jpg

More pics found here..

https://adammcateer.wordpress.com/2018/07/01/castlewellan-2018-gtini/ 

So basically we are common as muck....

Edited by cs.rogers
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

BTW Hinckley has a C in the spelling.:notme:

Nah mate was made in the core of the nuclear power station, why else would they call dog pecker pink nuclear red?

Oh ok then it's black and does come from Leics but at least the paint is finished.

Corrected ta:thumbup:

Edited by Bud

29 minutes ago, Bud said:

Nah mate was made in the core of the nuclear power station, why else would they call dog pecker pink nuclear red?

Oh ok then it's black and does come from Leics but at least the paint is finished.

Corrected ta:thumbup:

I worked at the Triumph factory many years ago and both my Mum and Wife passed their driving tests in Hinckley as statistically it is easier than passing in Leicester.:dry:

4 minutes ago, technics100 said:

We are the future.. 

We are all idiots!  We paid for this colour and fast forward 6 months, Skoda are now offering it for free :angry:

I seen a Panamera Sport Tourismo (estate) in 'Crayon', last week and it looked amazing!  Perhaps one day we'll look back at Meteor grey and think of it in the same sense as a Teasmade, Corby trouserpress, etc 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

We are all idiots!  We paid for this colour and fast forward 6 months, Skoda are now offering it for free :angry:

I seen a Panamera Sport Tourismo (estate) in 'Crayon', last week and it looked amazing!  Perhaps one day we'll look back at Meteor grey and think of it in the same sense as a Teasmade, Corby trouserpress, etc 

Henry Ford would have fallen off his chair laughing at people prepared to pay extra for PRIMER.:@

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Henry Ford would have fallen off his chair laughing at people prepared to pay extra for PRIMER.:@

To be fair, the Ford Probe would have killed him off well before paying for primer....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

To be fair, the Ford Probe would have killed him off well before paying for primer....

Nearly bought the Ford Pe*is new in 1994 but settled for a BMW 325i Coupe which was the right decision with hindsight. The BMW saleman said at the time "are you sure you want it in white it might be hard to sell in 2/3 years time". How times have changed.:biggrin:

13 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Nearly bought the Ford Pe*is new in 1994 but settled for a BMW 325i Coupe which was the right decision with hindsight. The BMW saleman said at the time "are you sure you want it in white it might be hard to sell in 2/3 years time". How times have changed.:biggrin:

Meteor Grey is the new white.. wonder what colour will be "in vogue" in the next few years.