Mk III FL - Headlight adjustment for continental driving

The Mk II was a doddle to adjust the headlights for continental driving.

Anyone know how the FL can be similarly adjusted?

Cheers :thumbup:

Xenon and LED can be done from the infotainment settings or automatically from GPS I believe.

Halogen you are stuck with buying beam deflectors.

The Mk2 had projectors for halogen an xenon so it was easy to alter the beams. Mk3 halogens are reflector units.

Lee

Thanks folks...

Car > Settings > Light > Travel mode: >

R-hand traffic

L-hand traffic

Seemples :thumbup:

Our old FL with xenons altered the pattern based on GPS location. The new one with LED’s requires the manual adjustment via the settings. 

Seems a backward step to me.

• Like 2

Sounds like it.

I switched between the two settings with the car facing a wall approx. 40 feet away and the difference, although observable, was minimal. I'm assuming that the LEDs, having minimal diffuse light deflected outwards from the core beam, require less in terms of adjustment than the halogens did in the MkII.

LED Headlamps are active, speed dependant and steer angle affects the beam throw.

Your static test was probably correct in that none of the active inputs were telling the pattern to change.

2 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

LED Headlamps are active, speed dependant and steer angle affects the beam throw.

One characteristic I have noticed is that at low speeds (probably < 40mph) there is a pronounced beam of light that illuminates the verge/kerb.

Its a tad distracting, but once you get used to it its not so bad.

I'm sure it goes away at higher speeds, but at those speeds I am more concerned with looking straight ahead!

Makes me wonder how easy it is to check the alignment. On a few occasions I've been flashed by oncoming drivers at night as though I had high beam selected and they were being dazzled. (Main beam only and no extra weight in the rear so it wasn't as though the car was nose-high). I asked the dealer to check and they said the alignment was fine. :dry:

I don’t seem to get flashed by oncoming traffic but in the fog I can see the beams going above the horizontal. The dealer checked and said the alignment was correct. Does anyone else see the beams going up away from the road in the fog? I can see fine in the dark so maybe that is normal. 

I think the LEDS are self levelling, as mine do the dance when turning on the ignition after dark. They just don’t do the left / right sweep of the Xenons.

so unless your l vellum not is broken I don’t think the lights go out of adjustment.

I think a lot of oncoming drivers get confused between a dazzling light and the colour temperature of the LEDS