Configurator updated (sort of)

Only 313 petrol cars available from stock. This was from week 21 (May 21st), so 3 weeks ago.

Let's hope production of MY19 for all engines starts soon otherwise they'll be a national shortage.

I pick my Scout up on Friday, with any luck it'll appreciate rather than depreciate :D

We need the latest version of this...

3C3E448A-E490-436A-853F-58ABCDD9827A.thumb.jpeg.513cd8d3d439f3082dfb2e55c5d7f223.jpeg.480a5eb2fa7139f2bf6d214993dede32.jpeg

Edited by silver1011

• 2 weeks later...

The configurator says go to your dealer but probably he will not know. I had signed a deal to buy a 1 itre SE DSG Karoq for delivery at the end of the year but have been told this model is not available any more. It was suggested I change the order to a SE Nav which I did but then they came back and said there was no DSG option in that. Luckily I am not too impatient but how many people will take to ordering a car being a mystery coach tour as far as configuration goes I do not know.

At the moment I seem to have sort of bought a car without knowing really what the specification is.

So as far as I can see if you order a Karoq for future delivery it will be 2019 specification but nobody is letting on what that is. It looks in a way if Skoda have not decided yet what the 2019 cars will be which leaves rather a black hole for their sales people.

Edited by Skodbuster
Clarification

There is no way I'd order / pay a deposit for a car that I don't know the specification of.

Given how Skoda UK manage to worm their way out of delivering the communicated specs on MY18 cars then chances are you'll end up being disappointed on a MY19 car that even they don't know how will end up being specified.

The fact that this message remains on the configurator after already being there a few weeks now only shows how much of a mess they're in. I can only imagine how frustrated the Skoda dealers are, considering the cut Skoda UK will take on their profits as part of the franchisee agreements in place. If I was a UK dealer I'd be spitting feathers.

They've been lucky getting your order, they wouldn't have mine until I was 100% sure on what I was ordering...

Capture.JPG.22ed44f86b84b3179d0ce487422d7773.JPG

@silver1011

They did not take a deposit considering it was very long delivery so no problem there. I think they must be worried about customers whose finance is due to rollover in the near future and there is no way to supply a replacement vehicle.

I was knocked out by the smoothness of the Karoq in its ride especially given how atrocious our roads are in the UK. How the left wheel of my Fabia survived a massive pothole hit yesterday i do not know. Everywhere is off road in the UK nowadays.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheRobinK said:

Have a driving holiday in Ireland sometime - I can promise that you'll feel right at home.  ;)

I have to say that most of the Irish roads are in a much better state than the UK mainland ones.

What's the chances Skoda are updating the configurator with the MY19 updates?

Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope either...

Capture.thumb.JPG.9b0278b0440754c06ac14705aaf8a80b.JPG

Either that or the entire marketing department is down the pub watching France v Belgium.

Told by a dealer today that prices still haven’t been released...

Perhaps the MY19 Kodiaq should be renamed the Yeti...everyone has heard of it but no one has seen it...and you certainly can’t buy it...

9 hours ago, Falkster said:

and you certainly can’t buy it...

No offence to those who are struggling to buy one, but that's good news for those of us who already have our bears. Keeps residuals higher (by about £2.50, probably!).

EDIT: Woo! My 1,000th post :D

Edited by WiggosSideburns
  • Haha 1

One of the appeals of Skoda / the Kodiaq was it's rarity. I love driving cars that aren't seen everywhere.

The Scout trim helps too, but the fewer out there on the roads the better :D

SUK advised me this morning that MY19 begins 30th July so prices should be available very soon (I took it that meant next week) and therefore orders could then be placed.

• Like 1