2.0 tsi intake flap fault

Hi all. Had an issue for a while with my intake flaps on my 2.0 tsi and have found out the arm that operates the runner flaps is popping out of place and causing an air leak as when I press it back I to place the car runs fine until it pops back out again. 

Does anyone know where I can get a new intake manifold from and how much it's likely to cost me??

Interested in this also as I had a code pop up (P2015 I think it was) related to the intake. I started Googling but it scared the heck out of me after seeing the cost of a new intake manifold and the effort required. Code was reset a hundred or so miles ago and hasn't reappeared as yet.

I had this and put up with it for 2 years, before finally getting it done with a load of other stuff.

Pretty sure it was about £650 at the time, but it was lumped in with a load of other work I had done including the timing chain tensioner

The car ran fine as it was, but eventually the code clearing didnt last long and it pretty much stayed on all the time

I had the same issue, change mine myself following a youtube video. It's not a hard job at all and can save you some money on labour and also allows you to give everything a good clean. I had similar quotes of £650. Ensure that all of the injector seals are replaced if you do have the work done at a garage at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a genuine manifold from US eBay for about £120, though I've still got the same fault. :sleepy: Not sure I'd recommend it! 

The job itself was pretty awkward, but doable with the right tools. 

ECS do a lever arm fix kit, which is tempting me. 

• Thanks 1

Am I right in saying that the 2.0 TSI inlet manifold's flaps are vacuum operated? So if the car otherwise drives perfectly, it could be the sensor at the end of the manifold playing up and causing an error code to get flagged when there's nothing wrong with the actual operation of the flaps?