Top Speed

I can see the speedo needle but can't see any numbers behind it. :(
If you are over 40, Des, you probably need a pair of reading glasses. :(

The brick wall over 120, is because of the retrictive nature of the standard turbo and manifold. You will reach the top speed, but it will be slower than you'd expect. My Vrs was like that before I swapped the turbo. The K03s is a very small turbo made for low rpm response and less lag, but the trade off is it runs out of breath at the top end. Its nothing to worry about.

The brick wall over 120, is because of the retrictive nature of the standard turbo and manifold. You will reach the top speed, but it will be slower than you'd expect. My Vrs was like that before I swapped the turbo. The K03s is a very small turbo made for low rpm response and less lag, but the trade off is it runs out of breath at the top end. Its nothing to worry about.

Thanks.

What is the next stage turbo after that.... As I am getting on a bit and the last time I dabbled in anything like this everybody used Garretts and I understood them, such as the difference in bearings and vane angles. But 11 years down the line & 3 kids later has addled my brain and all this IHI and and K03 scares and confuses me.

While not managing to go over 120mph I did match and maintain acceleration and a top speed of 110mph with an 54 plate Mk1 Octy vRS........ How dare he use my private road:mad::D :D . So my mind is laid at ease that I don't have anything to worry about with the performance of my engine.