Fabia VrS 10k service

Service intervals are as follows:

Oil change every 10k miles, inspection service (including oil change) every 12 months or 20k miles. Then there are specific things like cambelt changes at certain times / mileages later in the car's life .

You do about 13k miles per year by the looks of things, so if you didn't have an annual service now, you'd be due one in another three months / 3.5k miles, which is probably why you've been quoted so much when you were just expecting to be having the oil changed.

It may be the case that having an 'annual' inspection service every 9 months is the cheapest option, and this is the approach the manual recommends. You might, however, want to consider getting the oil changed next time at, say, 7k miles, which would mean you ought to be OK to have the inspection service after the full 12 months (if you follow).

It's all explained in the manual, like I said! :thumbup:

To make it cheaper you could source the 5L of PD oil yourself. I saved myself £25 by doing this as the dealer quoted £50 for oil alone and I got the same spec oil for £25 at the local motor factor...

Good luck... Great car - well worth the money!

HTH

sorry this lark about annual service.

Its 10,000 miles or 12 months which ever comes first.

The service should be the same regardless, or at least thats how it works with the SEATS.

you don't have a 10000 mile at 9 months then go back at 12 months for an annual service.

sorry this lark about annual service.

Its 10' date='000 miles or 12 months which ever comes first.

The service should be the same regardless, or at least thats how it works with the SEATS.

you don't have a 10000 mile at 9 months then go back at 12 months for an annual service.[/quote']

But that would mean I'd have to have two inspection services a year on my 20k miles per annum, rather than one oil change and one inspection service - couldn't be doing with that... :thumbdwn:

Sounds as though the Seat service schedule is only designed for low-mileage users? :confused:

Whatever you do, remember that to obtain the full benefit of the SkodaAuto New Vehicle warranty it is essential that the vehicle is properly serviced in accordance with the Manufacturer's instructions.

But that would mean I'd have to have two inspection services a year on my 20k miles per annum' date=' rather than one oil change and one inspection service - couldn't be doing with that... :thumbdwn:

Sounds as though the Seat service schedule is only designed for low-mileage users? :confused:[/quote']

that is what i am saying, you misread it, you have one or the other, say you get to 10000 miles afte 6 months driving, you go in and have the 10k service which is the same as the 12month service. then the dealer would say to you ok, we will see you at 20k or in 12 months time which ever comes first.

People above are making out that the 12 month service and 10k service are different to each other which they are not.

that is what i am saying' date=' you misread it, you have one or the other, say you get to 10000 miles afte 6 months driving, you go in and have the 10k service which is the same as the 12month service. then the dealer would say to you ok, we will see you at 20k or in 12 months time which ever comes first.

People above are making out that the 12 month service and 10k service are different to each other which they are not.[/quote']

IIRC, the service schedule (in my Fabia anyway) has a tick box for each service to say whether it's a lube service or an inspection service. The service indicator on the dash reads out in the same way too.

As I understand it, if you reach 10k miles in less than a year, you will need a lube service but not an inspection service (yet). If you have one or more lube services in a year, your inspection service is not due until 12 months have passed.

Having said this, there are certain things that need to be done at 20k and 40k etc, so it's not quite that simple.

In my case, therefore, as I do 20k per year, I have 2 services a year (one lube, one inspection), which is what the serviceschedule and the service indicator both tell me.

(Although seeing DGW's post above, I hope I've not got it wrong! :eek:)

Whatever you do, remember that to obtain the full benefit of the SkodaAuto New Vehicle warranty it is essential that the vehicle is properly serviced in accordance with the Manufacturer's instructions.

How close does it have to be to the 10,000 miles? I've always wondered this - my 20,000 service is up soon, but how clsoe does it have to be to 20,000 for it to not void the warranty?

How close does it have to be to the 10,000 miles? I've always wondered this - my 20,000 service is up soon, but how clsoe does it have to be to 20,000 for it to not void the warranty?

Now I do know the answer to this one, as it was in Honest John a few years ago. Basically, having your service 'early' won't affect your warranty in itself, but you must be aware that each time you have a service, the service interval effectively goes back to zero. Therefore, if your service intervals are every 10k miles, and you got your car done at 7k, you'd have to get it done at or before 17k - you couldn't carry on to 20k without affecting the warranty. There's a certain amount of 'grace' in the service intervals, but as with all great legal things, I don't think it's actually written down anywhere how much you can get away with. I certainly wouldn't want to let a service get more than a couple of hundred miles overdue - and definitely no more than 500.

I'm not a tech / warranty expert, but I reckon that's pretty much it...