DTUK box mobile app

I am really missing a feature of having a mobile application where I could switch modes from my mobile phone. Is this something that will be available eventually and to what boxes? Can Andrew comment on this?

I'm hoping for a DTUK box that doesn't make my car go into limp mode on almost every setting.

It's now in the tyre well in the boot.

• Like 2

I took mine off 3 months ago and it's been fine without it. As soon as I put it back limp mode again. I tried all settings plus and minus and still the same. If I keep the car then I'm going Shark remap. It seemed good for the first couple of months but makes the car so unreliable. I wouldn't mind but it throws a wobbly and fault codes have to be cleared down with vcds so even more of a pain. 

11 hours ago, arnold said:

I took mine off 3 months ago and it's been fine without it. As soon as I put it back limp mode again. I tried all settings plus and minus and still the same. If I keep the car then I'm going Shark remap. It seemed good for the first couple of months but makes the car so unreliable. I wouldn't mind but it throws a wobbly and fault codes have to be cleared down with vcds so even more of a pain. 

Never had a problem after having 6 different cars with a stage 1 re-map. Presume only reason for wanting on these boxes is people leasing and can transfer to a new vehicle every two years.I hate unreliable cars and never buy one of these DIY devices. If you want more power take to an expert, plus how do you know it's actually working unless you've put in on a rolling road anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one yesterday and put it in last night. Drive it quiet a bit today and I have to say I’m very impressed. Tried it in all modes but didn’t plus or minus the settings. To be honest I think that’s the problem. People are turning them up to the max and then the car hiccups. I drove for hours today and not one hiccup thankfully. 

I have the app and the crd3+

6 hours ago, IrishTony184 said:

I got one yesterday and put it in last night. Drive it quiet a bit today and I have to say I’m very impressed. Tried it in all modes but didn’t plus or minus the settings. To be honest I think that’s the problem. People are turning them up to the max and then the car hiccups. I drove for hours today and not one hiccup thankfully. 

I have the app and the crd3+

We will see. Hopefully you will be ok but having had mine for 18 months I tried it on basic settings minus basic settings and it goes into limp. Ive had remaps before and never had issues. I was a fool but you live and learn. 

It runs fine for a few weeks and worked well in the summer months. As soon as the colder weather starts its poor starting and limp mode 4 to 5 times a week to the point it freaks out and needs vcds to clear if not your stranded. I gave up carrying the laptop about. 

19 minutes ago, arnold said:

It runs fine for a few weeks and worked well in the summer months. As soon as the colder weather starts its poor starting and limp mode 4 to 5 times a week to the point it freaks out and needs vcds to clear if not your stranded. I gave up carrying the laptop about. 

If you clear it with VCDS does it work well again (for a while)? as I do miss it, but need to know my car is going to start in the morning.

Was looking at a Carista Dongle to have a little play, that way I just need my phone with me, not a laptop.

Edited by j1mg

I hope I won’t regret my purchase.

Then again Iv heard plenty success stories of guys running them for years without issue if they just don’t turn them up as high as they’ll go all the time

1 hour ago, j1mg said:

If you clear it with VCDS does it work well again (for a while)? as I do miss it, but need to know my car is going to start in the morning.

Was looking at a Carista Dongle to have a little play, that way I just need my phone with me, not a laptop.

Yes after a reset it worked fine. It would normally go into melt down after about 5 or 6 limp modes then even turning off and leaving the car does nothing and it's permanently in limp mode. I tried a reset with a dongle and that did nothing so I had to resort to vcds. The pedal box is excellent though. I've tried for so long with the box and it just is useless and unreliable. Maybe it's just diesel engines but I wouldn't buy another that's for sure. 

Same here, still got the pedal box on, finally even managed to get it in the knee cubby hole.

It was probably about 5-6 limp modes for me too before it was pretty much constant... still blame the wife for thinking that red lining a car is the best way to warm it up.

Did some more research into Dongles while waiting for a render and they do seem very restricted.

On 15/07/2018 at 02:36, JohnnyType2 said:

had mine on since october and not one single fault or limp mode. vRS TDI, 

That’s great to hear Johnny. What year is the car and what map are you using?

9 hours ago, IrishTony184 said:

That’s great to hear Johnny. What year is the car and what map are you using?

MY14 and im using 2+2, im looking to change up to the mobile app at some stage if i can move on the current box.

Edited by JohnnyType2