I’m not having any luck lately

Well after a month of trying to get a replacement windscreen, then trying and getting it recalibrated a few times, got it all working fine two days ago in time for a long drive to Morzine in France tomorrow!

Acc/lane assist was working fine all the way from Cumbria, parked up in London for a few hours,  then continued journey, acc not working? Got out had a look at front sensor, the tiny glass mirror price cracked across, either a stone or the heat, not been reversed into, been told by Skoda garage not covered by warranty so £500 to replace, I have cried today, so stressed out lately and this car is adding to it, no cruise control for the next 2000 miles, gutted

Edited by andyasjl

3 minutes ago, andyasjl said:

Well after a month of trying to get a replacement windscreen, then trying and getting it recalibrated a few times, got it all working fine two days ago in time for a long drive to Morzine in France tomorrow!

Acc/lane assist was working fine all the way from Cumbria, parked up in London for a few hours,  then continued journey, acc not working? Got out had a look at front sensor, the tiny glass mirror price cracked across, either a stone or the heat, not been reversed into, been told by Skoda garage not covered by warranty so £500 to replace, I have cried today, so stressed out lately and this car is adding to it, no cruise control for the next 2000 miles, 

Edited by andyasjl

1 hour ago, KevC_Derby said:

I can just about understand Adaptive Cruise not being available but normal CC should still work?

Agree.  Normal CC is a set speed and no need for the forward-seeing eye - surely? 

2 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

I'll hazard a guess that's something like £150 for the part and £350 for re-calibration...

Get the part and fit it yourself?

Use insurance? (Dunno what your excess is?)

You cant fit it yourself.

The radar has component protection that has to be linked to the specific car to make it work

If its out of alignment it wont work.

I have tried. 

And ACC cant work as a regular CC, it works with the radar or dont work at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, norsko said:

You cant fit it yourself.

The radar has component protection that has to be linked to the specific car to make it work

If its out of alignment it wont work.

I have tried. 

And ACC cant work as a regular CC, it works with the radar or dont work at all.

That’s what I was told by Skoda technician, just really wanted cc for 2000 mile road trip, no way am I paying 500 to replace such a delicate component

Never liked ACC for a variety of reasons and if I could get it to mimick normal CC I would. Not surprised in the least at this.

Recently had an issue with a broken LED headlight on our SEAT - £800 to replace !  Luckily the repairer managed a bodge job. Some 3rd party may still be able to repair your broken sensor.

That said if it were me and I was told it couldn;t be repaired, I'd investigate the normal cruise route. Back in 2007 I was told if I wanted cruise on a Golf GT then I'd have to factory order it - cost approx £225. Then stumbled across a dealer who said there's an official retro-fit kit for £150 - all they do is replace the left stalk and re-program the ECU. That's exactly what I did.  Don't know about latest Golf / Octavia / LEON / A3 but there may be someone out there who can fit std cruise.