Mk3 Octavia vRS spec/ options check

I'm currently on the look out for a Mk3 Octavia vRS DSG Petrol Estate to replace my 2008 Mondeo Mk3 2.5T Titanium-X Estate.

Is there anything like the Ford Etis website to check the spec and options for Skoda's in a similar manner at all? If not, do I have to approach Skoda directly?

The one I'm looking at currently is a 2013, and looks like it has the black pack on it (black front grille, wing mirrors and roof bars), full leather interior, columbus stereo and sunroof as far as I can see. It does have the round 3 spoke steering wheel though and not the flat bottom 3 spoke one, does that mean it won't have the paddles on the back of the steering wheel?

But would be very useful to get a full detailed option/spec list if possible before going to view the car.

Edited by dhill

There's nothing like ETIS where you can search on reg, or BMW vin decoder with the last 7 digits of VIN.

Best thing you can do is grab an image of the sticker in the boot or the stamp in the service book (if it's an earlier model with one). Both list all the option codes a car has which can be decoded. No publicly available way to get the list from reg or VIN as far as I'm aware.

Oh and if it's DSG (auto) they all get paddles. Flat bottom steering wheel was a MY15 change I believe so pre mid 2014 they were round. My 63 VRS has the paddles but has a round steering wheel.

If you post the link I'll happily take a look and list the options I can see. Most are visually obvious.

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ahenners said:

If you post the link I'll happily take a look and list the options I can see. Most are visually obvious.

Have pm'd you the link buddy, thank you :)

Looking further at the pics, it looks like it may have the heated front screen option as well...but I'm not 100% on that one.

Edited by dhill

If it has the heated screen the middle dial will have this symbol. (photo taken from google search). If it has the 'winter pack' which usually includes the heated screen you'll heated front seats and heated washer nozzles too.

Picture wont show. Just do a search for Octavia heated windscreen dial.

Edited by hatchy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dhill said:

Have pm'd you the link buddy, thank you :)

Looking further at the pics, it looks like it may have the heated front screen option as well...but I'm not 100% on that one.

Yes it does, I've PM'ed you with the full spec as I can see. Looks like a very well specced example to be honest. As hatchy mentioned it has the heated front seats too so I suspect it has the first winter pack with the heated washer jets.

• Like 1

There’s a bit of confusion as to when the flat bottom steering wheel appeared. I think it was supposed to be MY14 but some made it out with the leftover round wheels. Mine is Feb 14 build and has the flat bottom wheel. Just from the description that’s sounds like a well equipped car. All cars with leather get heated seats and then there’s the winter pack with the heated screen (I love that option on my car) and washer jets.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Yes it does, I've PM'ed you with the full spec as I can see. Looks like a very well specced example to be honest. As hatchy mentioned it has the heated front seats too so I suspect it has the first winter pack with the heated washer jets.

Cheers buddy, really appreciate you taking a look for me :thumbup:

A bit gutted that it doesn't have cruise control though :crying:

8 minutes ago, dhill said:

Cheers buddy, really appreciate you taking a look for me :thumbup:

A bit gutted that it doesn't have cruise control though :crying:

Speak to your local Skoda dealer and ask how much they'd charge to retrofit. It is possible retrofit it and it's not horrendously expensive, so potentially not a deal breaker.

Possible even as a DIY tbh, think it's new stalk set and coding.

No worries :)

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hatchy said:

I was quite surprised to see cruise wasn't standard. I had it on my mk2 VRs but TBH I probably only use it a handful of times in the 6 years I had it.

I'm the opposite, use it for most of my 46 mile round trip every day. Definitely couldn't do without it!

Also a big fan of cruise control. Otherwise I keep mashing my right foot to the floor :muscle:

I have the heated screen/washers/mirrors/seats and sunroof.

Folding mirrors, HID’s. 6 speed manual. Candy white isn’t the easiest to keep clean in the winter but looks the nuts when it’s clean with the black mirrors and grill. 

Quiet bumpy on back roads but excellent road holding 

Skoda Northampton have quoted £360 to retrofit cruise control. 

On a more positive note, I put a deposit on the Octavia vRS Estate today, hopefully picking it up next weekend once they have serviced, mot'd, buffed/ polished a couple of marks out and refurbished all four wheels.

Spec as follows;

2013 Octavia vRS DSG Estate in Bright Silver Metallic

42k miles

Black style pack

Panoramic sunroof

Full leather seats with silver coloured inserts

Heated front seats

Heated front screen and mirrors (I'm assuming it has heated washer jets as well) 

Columbis mib1

Can't think what else it has off the top of my head, but I think that's the main ones. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Did you check the DSG service had been done?

Hi buddy

Sorry should have said, the DSG service has been done already :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just now, dhill said:

Hi buddy

Sorry should have said, the DSG service has been done already :thumbup:

Great stuff, should be all set then! Won't be due for another 40k. It will be a slow wait now until next weekend :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Great stuff, should be all set then! Won't be due for another 40k. It will be a slow wait now until next weekend :)

Yeah, the next week is going to go so slow!

Just need to find someone local with VCDS who will work the magic for me now. Plus I need to find out if its easy'ish to remove the vRS badge off of the front grill, the back badges are simple to remove.

Also weighing up the Revo Stage 1 Map option, was looking at their DSG map as well but after reading people's comments on here it sounds like you better off not bothering with it.

Edited by dhill
  • Like 1