Model year 19

33q

Anyone know a definitive list of changes for MY19?

i think the factory is now on holiday so cars built from now on will be to the new spec

Until Skoda CZ or in the UK Skoda UK announce them then only they know the definitive list, the standard & options, the WLTP figures etc etc.

They are obviously in no hurry to do that, but cars first registered from September will need the WLTP figures.

This is the list of changes to existing models that was shown on another forum:

It doesn't show much information about options and no information about new models although a SE Plus Nav has been discussed.

When I spoke to the dealer last week, I asked the question about MY19 changes and he read me the relevant information from this document for the Karoq, I think.  What he told me certainly agrees with this document

MY19 Changes .pdf

MY19 Changes .pdf

Edited by Teds
Original link did not work
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Ted, very interesting document.

I see they say (in relation to the Karoq) Progressive dynamic steering becomes available on SE L, Edition, Scout and SportLine.  That implies some new spec options (and continuation of Edition) but it could also be a mistake judging by the accuracy of past Skoda information.

All will (possibly) be revealed at the end of the month.

Cappuccino beige definitely no longer :crying:

Yes, I saw mention of an RS as well - though that probably is a typo!

You'd think if they are dropping the beige they'd be replacing it with something else. I'd like a proper metallic red (as used elsewhere in the group) rather than the rather bright one on offer.

All good news (if it all happens) as I will be looking to change next January when my Yeti finance deal is up and it's nice to see a greater choice. 2.0 TSI would be nice but I don't really want 4x4 so will probably stick with a 1.5.

Edited by VAGCF

On 10/07/2018 at 22:10, Teds said:

This is the list of changes to existing models that was shown on another forum:

It doesn't show much information about options and no information about new models although a SE Plus Nav has been discussed.

When I spoke to the dealer last week, I asked the question about MY19 changes and he read me the relevant information from this document for the Karoq, I think.  What he told me certainly agrees with this document

MY19 Changes .pdf

MY19 Changes .pdf

Hi   I am new to this forum but I am considering buying a Karoq and interested in your post above Teds re the 19 model.  I am unable to view your pdfs, is there another way you can post them?

thanks

My apologies for 2 links which are identical.  I don't know how that happened.

I am new to the forum.  If this post is unacceptable for length or content, please remove or edit.

Here is the text from the pdf for the Karoq only.  I found it difficult to copy over the pictures.

Engine Changes

Engine line-up Fuel Type

Engine

Available

Petrol

1.0 TSI 115 PS manual

From MY19*

1.0 TSI 115 PS DSG

From MY19*

1.5 TSI 150 PS ACT manual

From MY19**

1.5 TSI 150 PS ACT DSG

From MY19**

1.5 TSI 150 PS ACT 4x4 DSG

Week 48/18 (TBC)

2.0 TSI 190 PS 4x4 DSG

Week 48/18 (TBC)

Diesel

1.6 TDI 115 PS manual

From MY19

1.6 TDI 115 PS DSG

From MY19

2.0 TDI 150 PS manual

From MY19

2.0 TDI 150 PS 4x4 manual

From MY19

2.0 TDI 150 PS 4x4 DSG

Week 48/18 (TBC)

2.0 TSI 190 PS 4x4 DSG

Week 48/18 (TBC)

* SOP week 48/18 for SE, SE Technology & SE L (SE Nav Plus only from MY19).

**No longer available on Edition.

Engine changes

OPF: all petrol engines of KAROQ will feature OPF (Otto-particle filter).

AdBlue: 1.6 TDI engines on KAROQ will feature AdBlue as standard from MY19, along with 2.0 TDI engines which already include this feature.

Towing Capacity increase

The towing capacity on 2.0 TDI 150 PS 4x4 and 2.0 TDI 150 PS 4x4 DSG increase from 2,000kg to 2,100kg.

In addition to this, the 1.6 TDI 115PS manual engine will no longer be homologated to tow from week 31/18 onwards. All towing related options and aftersales accessories for this variant will be discontinued.

Specification and Option Changes

Door opening adjustment

All side doors will now have 3 positions instead of 2 (across all trims).

Fixed seats specification changes

Across all trims where fixed seating is present a rear centre armrest will now be standard as well as remote rear backrest control in the boot area.

Dynamic Chassis Control

Dynamic chassis control becomes optional in combination with 4x4 engines. This option includes drive mode select, hill hold control and off road functionality.

Please be aware production is restricted on this option which is available on SE L and above for £990 RRP.

Exterior Paint colour changes

EOP: Cappuccino Beige (4K4K) week 30/18 across the KAROQ range.

Progressive dynamic steering

Progressive dynamic steering works in combination with rack-electric power steering (R-EPS) and dynamic chassis control (DCC). The progressive steering makes it easier to manoeuver in city traffic or when parking thanks to the larger angle of steering wheel rotation.

Progressive dynamic steering becomes available on SE L, Edition, Scout and SportLine as part of a package with dynamic chassis control (DCC), drive mode select with off-road function (4x4 only), full LED headlights with AFS and cornering function.

Ambient lighting with Driving Mode Selection

New fuctionality to allow linkage between Drive Mode profiles and Ambient Lighting,

E.g. Selecting 'Sport Mode‘ will see the Ambient lighting change.

Infotainment online

Google Earth no longer be available from MY19 production.

Functionality for existing models will continue until week 45/19.

Multifunction steering wheel button changes

Across all trims with multifunction steering wheel the phone button is being substituted with a view button.

Digital instrument display

Digital instrument display will be introduced with 5 views available (Classic, Digital Infoprofile, Digital, Reduced and Sport) and an additional “Carbon look” view for SportLine trim.

Available as an option only.

Modification of ice scraper

Ice scraper now features additional tire tread measuring feature.

11 minutes ago, TonyTonic said:

Interesting if you look at the Digital Dash closely they mention RS under Kodiaq and Karoq :)

The Kodiaq RS, featuring a 176 kW (239 hp) 2.0 BiTDI engine. will be formally launched in October at the Paris Motor Show.

Expect the Karoq to be available in Sportline and Scout versions long before any Karoq RS. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had read somewhere on this forum that a dealer meeting was scheduled for 24th July at Milton Keynes and also that orders for MY2019 properly opened week 31 (ie this week).  I have therefore been surprised that no information on prices and specs has been put out via this forum and nothing has yet changed on the Skoda UK web site.

I therefore contacted the Skoda UK live chat to be told they are awaiting the information to be updated by the factory (!) and they do not have a confirmed date when the new information will be available.  When pressed I was told the factory returns after shutdown on 6th August so it will probably be after then.

The reference to the factory seems strange as their Marketing Dept is obviously functioning, having seen media releases for the Karoq Scout and Sportline models and I can't imagine the chap who bolts the wheels on spends his spare moments updating the web site!  Possibly the online chat person was just making up an answer rather than finding out the true situation.

Limited info regarding the Scout and Sportline specs in the media releases, though, unfortunately.

My local dealer didn't attend the Milton Keynes meeting so was waiting for info themselves when I last checked (5 days ago).

Autocar have just stated that the Karoq Sportline will be launched at the Paris Motorshow: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-paris-motor-show/skoda-karoq-sportline-revealed-suv’s-sporty-flagship-variant

(Remember when we used to have big motorshows at the NEC??)

They say it will come with the digital instrument panel, 18 inch wheels (hope they don't ruin the ride!) and sports seats.

Chris

5 hours ago, CJJE said:

Autocar have just stated that the Karoq Sportline will be launched at the Paris Motorshow: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-paris-motor-show/skoda-karoq-sportline-revealed-suv’s-sporty-flagship-variant

(Remember when we used to have big motorshows at the NEC??)

They say it will come with the digital instrument panel, 18 inch wheels (hope they don't ruin the ride!) and sports seats.

Chris

I posted the info re the dealer meeting on the 24th July but sadly the dealer that I was dealing with wasn't able to update me with what was becoming available so with the lack of information I decided to pull the plug and not go for a Karoq, initially I was looking at a Peugeot 3008 but they are not able to give me any information re MY19 until the end of this month, in the meantime I spotted a potential deal on the Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum AWD which is actually working out cheaper than the original lease quote for a 1.5TSI DSG Edition that I got. As I tend to lease my car's you can't fixate on a specific make/model but go for the best deal that suits you financially with the potential that you could end up with a premium car albeit in a lower spec rather than a mainstream model in a high spec.

As much as I really wanted a Karoq the model that I wanted was pulled but with a bit of investigation there are other cars out there which I would never have considered on a purely price basis, the XC60 Momentum which is their lowest spec retails at over £39K for the T5 petrol AWD but has most of the goodies that I need so subject to a test drive and a reasonable insurance quote I will probably go for it.

• 5 weeks later...
On 02/08/2018 at 23:05, Raymondo111 said:

I posted the info re the dealer meeting on the 24th July but sadly the dealer that I was dealing with wasn't able to update me with what was becoming available so with the lack of information I decided to pull the plug and not go for a Karoq, initially I was looking at a Peugeot 3008 but they are not able to give me any information re MY19 until the end of this month, in the meantime I spotted a potential deal on the Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum AWD which is actually working out cheaper than the original lease quote for a 1.5TSI DSG Edition that I got. As I tend to lease my car's you can't fixate on a specific make/model but go for the best deal that suits you financially with the potential that you could end up with a premium car albeit in a lower spec rather than a mainstream model in a high spec.

As much as I really wanted a Karoq the model that I wanted was pulled but with a bit of investigation there are other cars out there which I would never have considered on a purely price basis, the XC60 Momentum which is their lowest spec retails at over £39K for the T5 petrol AWD but has most of the goodies that I need so subject to a test drive and a reasonable insurance quote I will probably go for it.

Can you point me to where you got your XC60 please? I am now considering one as I can't wait anymore on Skoda. I like the XC60 T5 momentum as well

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Portman said:

New price list just available on Skoda UK web site.  http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/karoq_pricing_specs.pdf 

Haven't looked at the details yet......

Looks weird, no prices for the Sportline or Edition but the specification is listed. Also no 150BHP diesel engines/

Edited by TonyTonic

Thanks to Portman for posting the latest pricelist.  The SE Nav is interesting - it only comes with 1.0l engine and the only version to come with 16 inch wheels.